Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my issue.

When driving and the car is up to operating temps, if I slack off the pedal, the car shudders, it feels as if there's dirty plugs or something, it used to do it only once and a while, now it does it all again.

When accelerating and idling there is no problems.

The car has recently had a service, but this hasn't fixed the problem.

Car is 100% stock with no mods and about 110 000miles on the clock.

Where should I start looking?

·
Registered
667 Posts
possibly mount? im not sure

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
deff not mount related..........all mounts are brand new, it feels more of a fuel starvation kinda thing..........deff fuel electrical related.

·
Registered
667 Posts
ooohh i see, what was included in your tune up?

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Normal stuff, new plugs, airfilter, oil change and oil filter..........it was my 190 000kms service......I dunno if I should be looking at the dizzy, rotor or maybe even the fuel filter..........?

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
well usually under decel fuel is almost cutoff completely, id look into ignition first. now if the fuel filter is plugged up bad it could cause it too. take the disty cap off and check to see if the rotor has carbon on it(looks burnt)

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
Are the CV joints shot.

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
well usually under decel fuel is almost cutoff completely, id look into ignition first. now if the fuel filter is plugged up bad it could cause it too. take the disty cap off and check to see if the rotor has carbon on it(looks burnt)
Will check the dizzy tonight..........what would carbon on the rotor mean? Could it just be cleaned off, or would it have to be replaced?

Cheers btw......

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
well if the rotors burnt it would be a good idea to replace it, check your grounds? check the tps, faulty oxygen sensor?

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will do..............I have to admit, since I've had the car, (about 40-50 000kms ago), I've not had to replace any parts that you've mentioned. The Fuel filter was done about 10-15 000kms ago..........time to look into each one.

Cheers

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
Ignition normally fails under load, not trailing throttle.

I don't know about Hondas specifically, but typically for EFI it sounds like the fuel cut on overrun is faulty. As I understand it, when the throttle closes fuel is completely cut until the revs come down to a fast idle, ten enough fuel to support a stable idle comes in. I think this relies on the throttle position sensor to signal the ECU to only provide fuel below a certain rpm. If that was reatic, the fuel might cut in and out.

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just a quick addition. This only happens when I back off the gas pedal and coast while slowing down. The car jolts and jerks a lot. If I go through the gears to slow down, then there's no problem.

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
what the fuck does shutter mean??
oi chop..............I said Shudder........:yes:.....shuDDer........:lol:

To vibrate; quiver: The airplane shuddered in the turbulence.

Seems that I may have sorted this. The rotor was corroded as well as there was build up on the dizzy pins. Cleaned both and the car is 100% better, will last till this afternoon when I can replace the rotor..........thanks guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts