Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright fellas heres the deal, i did a port & polish, 3 angle valve job, new rings , rod bearing and port matched everything, we got the motor back together and went to crank it,well we got it running but every time we crank it , it shoots straight up to 3000-4000 rpms and wont come back down, the motor is a d16z6 bottom end and a d16y8 head and d16y8 manifold. tps is in check, idle screw was all the way in, butterfly on throttlebody closed, cant figure it out, any suggestions or ideas? please help and soon, the mechanic is gonna smoke check it with a smoker to find any leaks if any at all, but any other ideas will be taken into hand, als the time on everything is correct and checked, please help

·
Registered
377 Posts
if you look into the TB there should be 2 holes on the side before the butterfly. cover them with your fingers and see if that changes anything.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
im using the pg7 ecu, stock wiring harness with a vafc, throttle cable is off the throttlebody, talked to one of the guys today and found out i had a vaccuum leak around the injector o-rings in the manifold, not sure if thats all the problem, guess ill find out tomorrow, and hopefully i can get some pics of the p&p and everything, anybody have any kind of guess on what this should run, time wise
d16y8 p&p 3 angle valve job, stock cam (for now) adj cam gear (setting suggestions would help), z6 bottom end (freshened up some) centerforce dual friction clutch, g-force radials, and the usual i,h,e, and a port matched b16 tb, and i can drive my ass off, so any ideas? or guess? thanx
also on the question of the iacv stuck open, when it is unplugged its a low bouncing rpm, plugged in it jumps up, could that be the problem?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
in the absence of an IACV or TPS problem, a vaccum leak would be a very highly likely explanation for the racing idle as well as the observation that it is steady. Incidently,don't forget to get that Idle screw set back to the right spot!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the iacv and tps are in place, the idle screw was set all the way in to try and lower the rev but nothing happened. ill find out some more info tomorrow

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hes talking about the idel screw which is close to the bottome side of the throttle body, its under the thing that the throttle cable go's on. If thats what ur talking about ignore wat i said, but it sounds to me like your talking about the big copper looking screw on the top of the throttle body ,

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah we messed with that, even with the stock throttle body that i had been running, it still did it.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmmm, iono then. like everyone else said its prob a sensor

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well found out tonight that the IM was from a 2000 and evidently my head was off a 96-98. the IM has 4 lil holes on the face of it where it mounts to the head and evidently it was leaking its ass off there. we are plugging em in the morning and putting it back together and going from there, wish me luck. ill get pics and slips up soon of the p&p job and etc. later yall and thanx for all the help. also a friend of mine just redid his motor and is getting codes and says hes having a problems keeping the oil pump primed? and clues. a code he is gettin is ignition timing and o2 i think . talk to yall later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts