Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have a problem on my hands. I have just rebuilt my motor. Rings, bearings ,valves etc.. Now i try to turn it over it just wont turn over. I comression tested it and they all read ) not sure if my tester is stuffed or not its ancient but what could this be? I want to try n fix it quick so can someone plz help?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Describe "won't turn over" in a little more detail.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It turns over but just wont start has spark n petrol going to it but wont kick??

·
Registered
910 Posts
If your shure there is spark and fuel then check your timing next. If it doesnt have any compressio then something is terribly wrong. Are your spark plugs good and gapped correctly? Check over basic stuff.

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
Uh did you bend a valve or too..?
take the valve cover off and see if the valves are stuck open...
Ive done that before...
It sucked!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
valves all seem to be good just regrinded them maybe they wernt seated properly any1 have any other ideas thanks 4 ur help

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cany any1 help or have any idea what the problem could be??? Timing is right, valves are good!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Even with totally wacked out timing, the compression test -if done properly; there is a writeup in the archive- will show compression. If you have a stuck valve the result will show it because the readings will jump quite a bit between something more than atmosphere and atmosphere. If it will crank -in other words, starter motor makes noise- then it is not your main relay. Were it to be your main relay, not even the horn would work -its happened. So, unless, there is something about carbs that dramatically changes the picture -I am not aware of any- and when you do a leakdown (see the same writeup) the pressure holds (you say the valves are ok so it should) then the problem is fuel delivery and there -carbs- I am out of my league.
hope this helps you some

·
Registered
936 Posts
crank the engine and put your hand over the intake pipe or throttle body. if it's blowing air out then you have a problem. there's no such thing as a 0 compression.
best bet is to do a leak down compression check.

by any chance....did you install the piston with its rings?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DseriesScience said:
Even with totally wacked out timing, the compression test -if done properly; there is a writeup in the archive- will show compression. If you have a stuck valve the result will show it because the readings will jump quite a bit between something more than atmosphere and atmosphere. If it will crank -in other words, starter motor makes noise- then it is not your main relay. Were it to be your main relay, not even the horn would work -its happened. So, unless, there is something about carbs that dramatically changes the picture -I am not aware of any- and when you do a leakdown (see the same writeup) the pressure holds (you say the valves are ok so it should) then the problem is fuel delivery and there -carbs- I am out of my league.
hope this helps you some
dude. its happen to me on a carb engine.
the main relay has nothing to do with the starter.. the main realy sends electriciy to the fuel pump and ignition coil once you turn the key. If the main realy isnt working right, there wont be any fuel goin in.
again check the main relay, below the sterring column.. either replase or re-solder.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for all your help. The petrol delivery is not the problem here. Fuel is going in there is a spark. I done the leak down test still showing 0. The problem why its not starting is because of no compression not fuel or anything else its all perfect. Im sure its something in the head but im no sure what thanks any1 have a clue??? thanks again for your help

·
Registered
910 Posts
FUR30S said:
thanks for all your help. The petrol delivery is not the problem here. Fuel is going in there is a spark. I done the leak down test still showing 0. The problem why its not starting is because of no compression not fuel or anything else its all perfect. Im sure its something in the head but im no sure what thanks any1 have a clue??? thanks again for your help
Where is the air coming out of when you do the leakdown test. DO you know how to perform one?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^^ Good point, do a leak down, even if you don't have the tool you can take the hose off of your compression tester set your given cylinder at TDC then hook the hose up to a compressor listen to where the air is coming from....this will start to point you in the right direction.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts