Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of all i'd like to say, whats up to everyone. ok here's my question....does anyone know of a "package" for a d16y..by package i mean a kit which consists of: rods, pistons,valvetrain upgrade, etc.. im planning on running a t3 with all of the necessary requirements. any help is appreciated.

O

·
0 Posts
Well, there isn't really a "kit" around, but you can get the parts ytou need individually. what kind of realistic power are you looking for from yuor car? that woudl more help us to help you decide waht you need. as well as how much are you realiztically going to spend on the project. I mean real cash in hand right now, not what you "think" you'll get next yr. I ask this because realistically a lot of guys have good hopes to do a project, but never really do it, this way if we knwo what you have right now to spend maybe we can help u get the stuff you need for now and shoot you down the right path for later addon's to it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well it's actually for someone else, i found one on importperformanceparts.net but i was also looking at rebuilding the head to be to withstand some higher boost numbers...about 13-14 pounds, but at the same time he wants it to be reliable and still be able to run a/c. but i just really need to see if anyone knows of a place that would sell all of these parts so that i wouldnt have to be going to different shops wasting a bunch of time. umm...you asked about horsepower...we're looking at a modest 200...nothing greedy...also the guy is willing to shell out the cash, not a problem there. any help is appreciated

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
and you won't need 13-14 lbs of boost for 200 hp. all you need is good tuning. just find a good GReddy kit, and get it well tuned, and some bolt ons.

O

·
0 Posts
10 lbs of boost on a stock motor will get you over 00 hp. if you repalce the rods and pistons, that alone will allow you to boost up to 17-18 lbs with proper tunning and make 300+ wheel power (on a decent turbo setup. FYI the new greddy kits support up to 300 wheel power.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts