Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hammer: Does anyone know what i need to do as far as engine management goes with a greddy kit, stage 2 zex cam and rsr exhaust on my 1999 civic ex? My greddy kit came with the emanage but ive not heard good things about them, and i also will have to buy the program for it since its got a stock map from greddy on it. I know a lot of people switch to obd1's on my car but can a chipped ecu run all this? Sorry if i sound stupid.......

·
Registered
286 Posts
csaddict said:
First off you can run the emanage. You should get the cable to allow you tune the car by changing the maps on your laptop. Second off. A chipped ECU will run that thing better than the E-manage will but you will have to convert and tune it yourself or pay a tuner.
well i'm sure a system like Haltech,AEM,F.A.S.T,Tec would be better then a chipped ecu..

its just cost..and a chipped ecu is fine for most street/strip if u have the money get a system like Haltehc,AEM or APex PowerFc..hell if your rich get a HKS F-con ProV.. but really..if your not going to go all out a chipped ecu would be the thing to go..and the emanage is fine with what u have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts