Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the simplest and most basic setup that can be used ? could it just be done with some 450'cc injectors and a riseing rate FPR ?? or is it more complicated then that ?? what about using an safc with an FPR and 450's ??

im on a really tight budget and i need the cheapest but yet best form of engine management....now i know there is no such thing as cheap and best but i think u all understand what im trying to say.......

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
free ???

I dont know to much about attaining free uberdata....if some one would like to help me out or even offer a service id appreciate it greatly.....i need something that will be able to run my mk3 CT26 at roughly 16psi.....if it matters any im OBD-1....

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
:IHI: http://www.pgmfi.org :IHI:

go through the wiki library... it should give you a good head start on the way to tuning =)

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
Z6EG said:
I dont know to much about attaining free uberdata....if some one would like to help me out or even offer a service id appreciate it greatly.....i need something that will be able to run my mk3 CT26 at roughly 16psi.....if it matters any im OBD-1....

hmmm so it's a toyota? Then uberdata will not work.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

sorry for the confusion......the turbo is off an mk3 supra.......i have a 92 civic hatch dx with an a6 in it that i plan on boosting...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Z6EG said:
sorry for the confusion......the turbo is off an mk3 supra.......i have a 92 civic hatch dx with an a6 in it that i plan on boosting...

More confusion - you have a 92 (OBD1) car, with an A6(OBD0) engine?

Then which ecu are you running?
TurboEdit = OBD0
UberData = OBD1

Chipping aside...you would run a rising rate (FPR) with your stock injectors (240cc), to make them flow much more than they were designed to, to satisfy fuel requirements at boost levels.

If you are using 450s, then you do not need an FPR, as the 450s already flow enough at boost levels. What you do need, is to manage the 450s both at boost and at non-boost levels, because at non-boost levels, they will be very rich. An SAFC or VAFC is needed for this.

Although it is a bit more complicated, you'll be happier if you go with a chipping type of solution. You get the fuel management you need for 450s, and timing management as well, in addition to a lot of other stuff.

Craig

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

its even more complicated then you think......im using from the fire wall back an obd-1 harness with obd-1 ecu....firewall forward is an obd-2 harness...a6 block and head with y8 intake mani with obd-2 sensors and an obd-2 dizzy....so im not sure what you want to call that mess but its running of an obd-1 ecu......

from what ive gathered ill need and obd-1 chip with either chrome or uberdata....and an afc of sorts on top of that to run the 450's when out of boost.......is there any way around this ?? how much can my 240's flow ?? hp wise ?

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
with a chipped ecu you do not need an AFC. The fuel maps are scaled to run the 450cc injectors normally out of boost.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

anyone on here have a chip i could purchase that would suit my setup ?? im really in need of a decent chip....

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

thanks for the link....i havent found a tune that would suite me ....the closest thing is a 300whp tune for a b18b would this work ?? the setups seem fairly similiar besides it being a DOHC and me being SOHC

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

16psi wont blow my shit up if its properly tuned.......im pretty sure u know that already.......sure it wont last that long maybe 6-12 months tops at those sort of levels......but thats all i need it for a decent 250whp tune

now can anyone offer there services in chipping ?? and do i need to have my ecu socketed to accept these chips ??

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
/\ :bravo: read more man your in for a rude awakening if you think an engine will last that long on a tune not even for your car. pgmfi.org like was posted earlier and read. after you read... read more. lol ---seriously do it.

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
whatthehell1051 said:
/\ :bravo: read more man your in for a rude awakening if you think an engine will last that long on a tune not even for your car. pgmfi.org like was posted earlier and read. after you read... read more. lol ---seriously do it.
this guy speaks the truth

theres 2 things that help YOU tune your own car... research and experience.. and u cant get experience without researching first.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
SOHC_Rules said:
this guy speaks the truth

theres 2 things that help YOU tune your own car... research and experience.. and u cant get experience without researching first.
yeah that and a wideband

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
/\ i saw gonna say that but the other two pretty much cover it.

·
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme
3,203 Posts
The thing is, the only way you can have a good tune is if you know what you are doing.... sure, a dyno tune is great, but what about part throttle tuning?? Out-of-boost tuning?? Those things AREN'T done on the dyno (unless you want to spend a grip). So no, your setup won't run more than a few weeks if you aren't sure of what you are doing before you go into it...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts