Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going to take out my engine to work on it but i just want ask if anyone knows what length bolts to use to bolt the engine onto to the engine stand? I know that the transmission bolt are the right size but they maybe to short for the studs on the engine stand..

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Spend $5-7 on 4 new bolts at a hardware store.

Then you never have to worry about it. Grab a few washers, to keep things easily adjustable right before you lock eveyrthing down.

2 of them, I think, will need to be long enough to go all through and use a nut to tighten.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
do you have both the engine block and the engine stand handy? Measure. You gotta go outside anyways to drive to the store, whats another few seconds to check things out?

use a screwdriver to measure the depth of the top two block holes near cylinder head, then go a bit shallow so you do not bottom out.

Then use the two lowest outward locations on block, the "edges of the bowl" so to speak, since the block pattern looks like an upside down bowl. I think both of them are pass through, and not threaded. They might be, been awhile for me.

Either way, give yourself enough length to use a nut.

Then simply bolt the stand mount to the block, and then you can put it into the stand with a cherry picker or whatnot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts