Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 91 RT4WD Civic Wagon, but the engine is leaking a ton so I replaced the crank seal. I'm waiting for a new lower timing cover (the lower bolt that holds the alternator was completely missing, so the alternator belt sawed completely through the timing cover) The crank seal, along with its housing, looked completely fine however. I then saw that whoever last replaced the oil pan gasket cranked it on so hard that it's cut clean through in a couple places and the oil pan is undoubtedly bent, so I ordered an oil pan and am waiting on that. I have to figure out how to get the exhaust head bracket off anyways since one of its bolt heads has somehow been turned into an oval (I'll probably weld another bolt onto it just to be able to unscrew it). There's a lot of oil all around the rim of the oil pan, so I think that it's the culprit. Any ideas as to what else could be leaking (common things that leak)? The valve cover looks clean. I'm going to replace all of the belts, but I haven't gotten the A/C belt yet because apparently there're two different types for two different types of compressors. Any idea how to determine which compressor I have? I also got the original factory roof rails off ebay. Has anyone installed those before on a wag that never had them? That's it anyways. I'll try to post some pics.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Another common one is the distributer o-ring. Will leak down the top of the trans.

The oil pan gasket getting pinched is a common rookie mistake.

Reactions: slo_eg8

·
Registered
65 Posts
Valve cover gasket is what I do on all my cars. They just seem to leak. Use OEM one they just fit so much better and easier to remove and reinstall

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Replace all the lower seals. Oil pump seal, pan gasket, rear main seal, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts