Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
FN2
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't started our EJ9 for a while whilst we've been fitting the new header, decat and exhaust and relocating the battery to the boot.
It started first turn of the key today but is idling at about 2000 and doesn't want to come down again. I was thinking that it's the butterfly in the throttle body that I'd previously polished but when I look at it, it's a snug fit and I did take care not to go near the part that makes contact with it.
Having only driven it to ours before messing with it I don't know if it runs this fast until it reaches a certain temperature?
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Google "Honda base idle adjustment"

·
Registered
FN2
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's cool. Thanks for that. Will give it a go.
Just so I know for the future, why is it that I need to do this. Is it because I've had the battery off for a while?

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
It's either that or it sat long enough that the iacv is sticking. Had that happen recently on an accord.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Running at 2k rpms only when cold isnt a problem

·
Registered
FN2
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did check the tension on the cable and seems ok to me. Bit of slack in it.
Got some time today so will start with air leeks and the sticky valve. If that all seems ok I will try the reset.
Not sure how to check that the valve is working properly but will start with a clean and blow some air through it.

·
Registered
FN2
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've run it through a couple of heat cycles and it only gets quicker. Not sure what that points to?
I'd have thought if an air leek the expansion would have a sealing effect?

·
Registered
FN2
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's either that or it sat long enough that the iacv is sticking. Had that happen recently on an accord.
Spot on. Removed the whole body again and took off the valve. It was coked up and not rotating so a couple of blasts of brake cleaner, some wet and dry and cotton buds and all sorted.
Thanks for the pointer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts