Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
ALL 88-91 CIVIC/CRX
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. It's been years I have been active on the forum here. I guess I haven't had any issues with my car till now. I need some help. I have a 90 Civic Si with a D16Z6 swap. Converted to OBD1 and has the stock cable Si Transmission. So my car was running fine and while I was stopped to take a u turn as I accelerated through the turn my car jerked really bad. My engine starts right up. Idles fine. Until I get into gear then the engine pulses like a heart beat rocking back and forth bad. I thought something was off balance I checked my flywheel and my harmonic balancer and those are spinning straight while engine is in gear rocking. I have my car on jack stands wheels off the ground. Now while my wheels are spinning while in gear if I stop a wheel with my hands from spinning the engine stops to rock and idles fine. Once I let the wheel go to freely spin again the engine starts to rock again. Did my Transmission take a poop on me? I cleaned a spare Idle Air Control Valve and swapped it and still same issue. I had read somewhere online that when the engine is under load the iacv would maybe adjust something for it.

JOHNNYEF9*94*Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:41 pm*Wichita, Kansas

1 - 2 of 2 Posts