Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i got a 92 civic d15b7, the car idles about about 800-1000rpm normal but when i kick the a/c on it drops to...well sometimes down to the line at 100-200rpm..it once died on me rolling when i depressed clutch and the ac was on, quick fix but upsetting... is my a/c pulling too hard or is my engine not up to snuff anymore? i can adjust the idle but then my car would regular idle at like 1200rpm and that seems high..

I am shopping around for a jdm engine for my car since the engine annoys me with little things like that and if i get "newish" stuff i know my car will be solid for a while and i know an a/c part stuff is like 200bucks when i can get a complete enging for 650 or so + shipping (btw...link any jdm engine distributors you know of eh? i wanna see whats up for grabs) thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
When you switch the a/c on, the engine has to turn the a/c pump, which is quite a tough load on the motor.
The idle would normally drop.

There is a circuit fitted to eliminate this idle drop, different to the usual idle rpm adjustment.

Look at the rear fire wall of the engine bay. You should find a little black solenoid device.
It will have 2 wires, and 2 thin vacuum pipes attached to it.

Whe you switch the a/c on, this solenoid activates and supplies vacuum from the intake to a lever that increases idle, by pulling on the throttle linkage.

Look for this, there should be a screw to increase this a/c idle setting.
Just make sure to do it with the a/c on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts