Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best way, and what bolts should I use, to attach a load leveler to my D16 engine? Pics would be most appreciated...

Also, I plan on attaching the clutch/trans while the engine is suspended from the load leveler... is this the right way to do it?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hmmm thread failure... next time I'll put NWS or Iraq in the title. :D

Guess I'll just pick some random holes and bolts like the old AC mount.

I'm going to drop this thing on my foot and ya'll will never get to see it run!!!

·
Registered
93 celica
323 Posts
load leveler???? SECURELY bolt on the intake manifold and the headers and use those in conjunction with your load leveler and you should be alright...

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
load leveler

The exhaust is a 1-piece 4-1 so that will get bolted on and put in with the engine but the the intake (ITBs) are too big so those will get bolted on later.

I'm just not sure where on the block to bolt the load leveler.

·
Registered
93 celica
323 Posts
load leveler

The exhaust is a 1-piece 4-1 so that will get bolted on and put in with the engine but the the intake (ITBs) are too big so those will get bolted on later.

I'm just not sure where on the block to bolt the load leveler.
damn that makes it difficult... if u got the old manifolds use those temporarily to get it in and then take em off... orrrr............. use the 2 mounts driver side and passenger side

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Bolt one link of the chain to the engine mount, and you can hook up the other side to the hole on the tranmission(not sure if Hydro's have this, but its on top of the transmission), or if the transmission is off, use one of the bolts and bolt the chain there.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
damn that makes it difficult... if u got the old manifolds use those temporarly to get it in and then take em off...
so youre saying to lift the engine and trans by the intake and exhaust studs?

hmm I'm not so sure about that. I'd feel much more comfortable bolting it straight to the block.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Bolt one link of the chain to the engine mount, and you can hook up the other side to the hole on the tranmission(not sure if Hydro's have this, but its on top of the transmission), or if the transmission is off, use one of the bolts and bolt the chain there.
cool thanks man, thats what I was looking for...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts