Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90' CRX SI
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im asking this for a buddy of mine. He recently put a new B18a into his CRX. The car ran fine for a month. I know wrong place this is D-series.org lol. i cant find this anywhere. His car started acting up. He couldnt get it over 3000rpm. It dies after that. He goes to start it back up and the rpm guage jumps all over the place, and the car sputters to stay running. Everything is practically brand new in this car. engine had a full overhaul. all new sensors. We cant figure it out

any help would be great, suggestions
thanks

·
Registered
90' CRX SI
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tps and map are hooked up right. ill tell him the other things. any more suggestions? he hasnt gotten any codes so far

·
Registered
12 Posts
Vacuum leak ftw. Get a can of carb cleaner and spray around the back side of the engine while it is running at idle. If the idle speed dips you found your leak.

·
Registered
whatever runs....
2,927 Posts
Vacuum leak ftw. Get a can of carb cleaner and spray around the back side of the engine while it is running at idle. If the idle speed dips you found your leak.
you almost had that right, however, the idle will not dip if there is a leak, it will jump up, since the carb cleaner has entered the combustion chamber...think of it like starting fluid....

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
you almost had that right, however, the idle will not dip if there is a leak, it will jump up, since the carb cleaner has entered the combustion chamber...think of it like starting fluid....
i am going to second that. or it could even be where the intake manifold bolts up to the head. also where the t/b bolts up to the manifold.

·
Registered
90' CRX SI
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys found out what the problem was. his tensioner broke and timing went out of wack. he didnt notice till we riped her apart

1 - 11 of 11 Posts