Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Will Do Handstands For Pussy!!!
Civic
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was IM'ing Silverciv earlier and we were discussing harnesses...I have a 92 CX hatch that ill be putting a Y7 with Z6 head...I was thinking a Z6 or Y8 harness would work but ryan said that he believed the 92 civics were wired funny on the inside and that I can only run a 92 harness can anyone elaborate on that? All input would be great im trying to get this going. Thanks in advance:bigok:

·
Registered
92 cx
42 Posts
i did a z6 swap in my 92 cx and used a z6 engine harness. I don't know the year of the harness but it pluged in and worked fine. the z6 harness had a few extra wires (2 maybe don't remember) compaired to the cx engine harness where it plugs into the passenger side strut tower. the conectors on the strut tower allready had the extra wires from the factory. so it was just plug in a play. i had converted to a heated o2 before with the stock cx harness and the car was wired for that allready. I think the deal with the 92 cx civics is that they are wired from the factory for vtec and heated o2.

·
Registered
civic
2,211 Posts
what he meant was in 92, all civic from the firewall back were wired for vtec. that was the only year they did that

get a z6 harness and call it a day!

·
Premium Member
Red '95 EX
1,066 Posts
so a 95 ex harness will work for a dx right? (5 th gen DX of course)

·
Premium Member
Red '95 EX
1,066 Posts

·
Premium Member
Red '95 EX
1,066 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts