Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
interesting stuff, but hard to justify epoxy-filling wires on a honda civic :lol:

IMO, weatherpak stuff is the nicest and most available option for the hobbyist making their own harness, and I really prefer OBD0 honda connectors to the newer stuff since the round plugs seal much better than rounded rectangles

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got some eBay looming, for .50 a foot, we will see how nice it looks when it shows up

a pack of 100- shrink tube for 7$

and a pack of 180 grommets for $7

400 ft of 14 gauge $30

120 feet of 18 gauge

30 feet of silicon 10 gauge,

Some eBay solder

9 slot Blade fuse distribution block.

10 Metal Plate 40A 5 pin Relays $7

10 1N4001 Diodes

RadioShack soldering iron and helping hands from the closet

Assorted terminals from eBay ~$10

Crimper and a Stripper!

Making the Dash/Headlight/Cabin Harness and Fuse Box.

Looking for any info I can Find.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Too many Un-used features,

I had chafed unknown, engine critical wires on harness from my ghetto tuck and didn't find until I de-loomed it all.

My Blinker made my fuel pump bounce around, altering fuel output,

Fuel pump power wire was weak.

I want a cut-off switch to engine components for safety/security, and the rear lights, for other reasons.

I got some supped up headlight bulbs

It's a great learning experience on one of the easiest cars.

I already have a harness from 2JZ for the engine.

My car is already Gutted completely.

Save Weight!

·
Registered
28 Posts
My Blinker made my fuel pump bounce around, altering fuel output,

I want a cut-off switch to engine components for safety/security, and the rear lights, for other reasons.
The civic I am building now had some bung wiring a little while ago when it was on the road. Turn right more than 1/4 turn and the horn would turn on. Was great fun!!

I can only imagine that other reasons for turning of tail lights. :3dbiggrin:

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
If you do it TT, make sure you do a detailed write up.

I always wondered what you could do if you took the time to author something properly instead of just posting a slew of unfiltered and uncategorised thoughts.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hahah, me too.

It's usually a result of me trying to fill in gaps I find in published information for sake of easier interpretation for me.

Like not having all the legos to build the toy, so I throw out some random bricks to help, someone needs one here or there.

I'm not sure how I'd do a write up, as most the design is based off the Honda FSM, as well as techniques from articles I try to share.

I haven't been working too hard lately as I just got done with midterms and a horde of spider nests Hatched inside my car.

Which reminds me, I need to conclude and throw that C/R install into a pretty PDF.

I really really would like to see Bone take a Swing at it though. He has more XP. I guess actually documenting it is a different thing though. Too bad he doesn't live closer or I'd be watching over his shoulder like a creep. Probably you too though.

I fucking love learning.

@ Classified, Yeah I guess we can just be honest and say the back lights are for the pigs, as far as the horn, there is a Gyro-like switch under the wheel, If you've taken it off. Like on a bike for the brakes under the handle bars so you can do bar twists without wrapping up your brake cable.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Not so much a write up... a picture is worth a thousand words. Just take some detailed pics and a small description of how you got to that stage and of course if you hit any problems post them in there too so you can document a mistake to look out for.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I haven't been working too hard lately as I just got done with midterms and a horde of spider nests Hatched inside my car.

I fucking love learning.

@ Classified, Yeah I guess we can just be honest and say the back lights are for the pigs, as far as the horn, there is a Gyro-like switch under the wheel, If you've taken it off. Like on a bike for the brakes under the handle bars so you can do bar twists without wrapping up your brake cable.
What kind of spider you guys get in your cars in USA? We get huntsmen's all the fricken time!

Yeah we pulled the wheel off a few years ago and replaced it. One of the retainers was broken and was 'hanging' I guess you could say.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Here's the spiders when they ran to the corner after I opened the door. They made a silk screen over the window and when I rolled it down, the wind caught it, whipping it up into a rape and carying away half of them. I'm just letting them get on with their life. If they hang around and become a problem, they will get hosed.

Hah

A document is only as good as it's kept,

Look at what happened to George Mendel, a large portion of his work was burned by the religious dudes that took his place when he passed, despite many of his ideas being ahead of his time, cause it was poorly kept, and only published on low key journals.

The Day DSO goes under all my work would be lost.

We need a HondaWiki.

I think I will post the rest of the info In my Dash thread in the Showcase, http://www.d-series.org/forums/showcase/225186-toasters-dash.html

If anyone else has anymore articles or resources related to the topic, feel free to post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts