Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if u guys had seen the engine that is a d-series block with a b-series head. I saw this in the new HCI Magazine. It look to me like they put a jdm b16a head on a 1.5L block. Motor peaked at like 10,000 rpm. They are gonna run a dyno on it for the next issue i think. I couldnt beleive it when i saw it so i did some reading. Pretty awsome build. If u guys get a chance....go into a Quick Trip and look for it in the HCI Magazine. Awsome article to read.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
9CRX1 said:
No...it did...they have it built already. They are gonna be running the dyno on it soon.

*AEM just built an engine for bonneville that was a 1.5 litre .
*They sleeved a b16 for 75mm pistons . the reason being that the thick sleeves would hold up under enormous amounts of boost for long periods of time!
*are u sure this isnt the same thing that HCI is doing?

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
9CRX1 said:
No...it did...they have it built already. They are gonna be running the dyno on it soon.
No...you don't get it....

Its physically impossible...

This is what would happen if you were to compare the D16 Cylinders to a B16 bore, based upon the same centerlines...

Here is what you get, when you place a B16 head on a D16 block (same sleeve construction)

Attachments

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
gloryhog said:
*AEM just built an engine for bonneville that was a 1.5 litre .
*They sleeved a b16 for 75mm pistons . the reason being that the thick sleeves would hold up under enormous amounts of boost for long periods of time!
*are u sure this isnt the same thing that HCI is doing?
This is totally different than sticking a B16 head on a D16 block....this would still be classified as a B16

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
sounds like they used a b16 block and stuck d-series sleeves in there to run 75mm pistons. Does that reduced cylinder volume = 1.5L?

·
Registered
ej1
533 Posts
i have seen pictures of this before....but im sure it ws just joke. i would have to agree with Honda4VW on this one.....its very impossible to do i would imagine

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its in this months issue of HCI Magazine. Someone go and look at a Quick Trip or somethin for it so u can see what im talking about. I had the same responce when i was told about it and then i read a little bit on it and found it to be true. Seriously tho, someone go look. Im not crazy, i swear :smile:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts