Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Speed
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting my turbo build and was wondering if there is anything i need to measure as far as clearances or what not before i start the teardown of my block, just in case i can't measure this after?

These are the parts i want to use to build my block up. My Goal is around 250-300HP

Bottom End

Turbo Bottem End Superkit with Vitara Pistons - FJ Distritutors
D16 I-Beam Connecting Rods, Forged - FJ Distritutors

Top End

KMS D16Z6 Ultimate Valvetrain Package -FJ Distributors
Comp Cam 59300

Fuel Management

550 Injectors
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
Hondadata S300 + UEGO Airfuel Gauge
Boost, Exhaust Temp, Oil Temp and Oil Pressure Gauges
3 Bar Map Sensor

Turbo Kit

GO-AUTOWORKS Street Kit

·
Registered
05 Legacy GT
867 Posts
I would take the block to a good machine shop and have them tell you what if anything is wrong with it.

Unless you've done this kind of thing before, which I doubt.

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
cylinder diameter to determine how much you need to bore it out(assuming you have a bore guage) easier to have the machine shop determine how much it needs to be bored though

·
Registered
5 Speed
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is my 2nd engine from the same wrecker and my last one was a straight bolt in into my hatch and works perfectly fine as my daily driver now, so the condition of this one should be ok too. Now since I am rebuilding this engine anyways this shouldn't matter too much as long as the head is not warped or block cracked.

·
Registered
05 Legacy GT
867 Posts
Rebuilding a engine and buying one used are two different things.

You plan to rebuild. You need to make sure the cylinders are at least honed and don't need to be bored. Do you know if this engine was rebuilt before ?

There are to many things that need to be checked to make sure you have all the correct parts.

I think there are some sticky's here somewhere...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts