Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went sat and got a quote for getting the motor built . Some of the prices seem good, but others seem high imo.

teardown $100
Eagle rods $310
Wiseco Pistons $450
Deck block $75
Bore/hone $150
Bearings $150
Oil & water pump $200
Gaskets/seals/belts $225
ferrea valves $240
Valve job $300
Clean/assemble head $100
Deck head $50
Valve springs $200
Retainers $150
Assembly $800
Clearance for rods $100

Parts total $1925.00
Labor total $900.00
Machine work $675
Total $3500.00 if I pull the motor, $4100.00 if they pull it. They said 4-5 weeks turn around if I just take them the motor and 6 weeks if I take them the car. What does everyone else think?

·
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!
02 BMW; 00 Civic EX
1,892 Posts
not worth it...

you can be faster cheaper

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not worth it...

you can be faster cheaper
that's what I'm thinking. The one thing I really don't like is the wiseco pistons and them boring the block. They will put me at 8.5:1, I want to stay around 9:1. The srp's are cheaper, will keep me at 9.1 and just require honing.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
don't bore the block (or not much at least) If you have a place to keep the motor where you live; buy the parts, have them machine what is needed, and assemble it yourself... but the prices seem pretty good to me...

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Wiseco's are cheaper than that. get tuner toy rods.

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
tt rods 225 man shit the vitaras are 140ish

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,375 Posts
not everyone wanst to run vitaras.. he said he wants to keep his compression up a bit...
if you going to spend that.. honestly id swap in a k
run low low 13s or high 12s with a stock k basically.... itd be about the same price

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wiseco's are cheaper than that. get tuner toy rods.
thinking about it, but I don't know if I want any more maching cost for them to fit the rods.

tt rods 225 man shit the vitaras are 140ish
I want to go with the srps. I know people are making massive amount of power with the vitaras, but I want to go with a forged piston.

·
Registered
956 Posts
What about arias piston? I think the ratio will be about 9:1. I was thinking about getting wieso but I'm not sure how much it'll be to bore the block. It'll be cheaper if you know someone that can do it for cheap. with those quotes, its kinda high.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not everyone wanst to run vitaras.. he said he wants to keep his compression up a bit...
if you going to spend that.. honestly id swap in a k
run low low 13s or high 12s with a stock k basically.... itd be about the same price
maybe, the k swaps around here are still around 5k. I don't think I could ever go back to na :lol:. I like my d, I don't want to swap it. I love the looks when I bust someone's ass and pop the hood and they see the SOHC ;)

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Duck, you need to do what I'm doing... Get yourself a stand, get another Z6, and build up as time/$$$ allows. BTW, who or where did you get that quote?

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
thats what i am doing also. i am using SRPs in my build, but i will be in the upper 9:1s. the only thing i am going to have the machine shop do is resurface the head and block, install pistons on rods, and have them do a valve job when i build my other head. oh yea and balance everything. i will be plastigaging and building the rest of it.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Duck, you need to do what I'm doing... Get yourself a stand, get another Z6, and build up as time/$$$ allows. BTW, who or where did you get that quote?
lol. the only reason i'm laughing is i've been telling him for the last several months to just do it. i found him a z6 block from my drug dealer(parts guy he intruduced me to) and i was willing to pay for it. so he'll have an extra block so he won't go out w/o a engine. shit jason would even bring the block over to his house. he's just scary about spending that much money and not putting it back correctly.

my advise is take your time, don't rush, check your clearences as many times you have to till you feel safe it's correct.
i gave him my service manual cd so he can copy it to his computer and i have dvd video that walks you thru the taredown and the rebuild of the engine. i have two copies i was going to send him a copy, too.

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
sounds like you need to listen to remoer, hell hes practically building it for you

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah, Remo has got me a hook up on a block, and I have a friend that has a head I can get cheap. The quote was from RLZ in conord NC. I went up there just to check it out and see what kind of price I could get on it all. I'll prob go the same route and build it myself. Ask Remo, I'm scared shitless about messing something up. I guess that's a good thing so I know I'll check and double check everything.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
but duck look on the briteside you'll sitll have an extra block so when you're done w/your turbo block you can rebuild the orginal block so if and you ever want to sell you car. you can put the original block fully rebuild back to stock and sell you turbo block. either way you come out winning. the person that buy you car will have a new motor and you know damd well someone will buy an already build block w.all the parts you drop in for close to what you pay to do it yourself. win-win all around. and on the downside if you blow up you motor you still have an extra one build.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Either way Duck, we're here to help yah! When are you looking to start the build? Tax return time? LOL, same here...

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
but duck look on the briteside you'll sitll have an extra block so when you're done w/your turbo block you can rebuild the orginal block so if and you ever want to sell you car. you can put the original block fully rebuild back to stock and sell you turbo block. either way you come out winning. the person that buy you car will have a new motor and you know damd well someone will buy an already build block w.all the parts you drop in for close to what you pay to do it yourself. win-win all around. and on the downside if you blow up you motor you still have an extra one build.
true
Either way Duck, we're here to help yah! When are you looking to start the build? Tax return time? LOL, same here...
well, not really tax time lol. I get a bonus from work the end of feb and have some money coming to me the end of march from some investments. I don't get taxes back most of the time :(. Kristen is self employed and we end up owing the end of the year

·
Black Dynamite
1991 HONDA Civic
5,880 Posts
I went sat and got a quote for getting the motor built . Some of the prices seem good, but others seem high imo.

teardown $100
Eagle rods $310
Wiseco Pistons $450
Deck block $75
Bore/hone $150
Bearings $150
Oil & water pump $200
Gaskets/seals/belts $225
ferrea valves $240
Valve job $300
Clean/assemble head $100
Deck head $50
Valve springs $200
Retainers $150
Assembly $800
Clearance for rods $100

Parts total $1925.00
Labor total $900.00
Machine work $675
Total $3500.00 if I pull the motor, $4100.00 if they pull it. They said 4-5 weeks turn around if I just take them the motor and 6 weeks if I take them the car. What does everyone else think?
geez you could buy an enitre B swap for that amount

1 - 20 of 41 Posts