Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well i have finally started my engine build, its going to take me through the winter and i will post pics up regularly. My goals for this build are around 145whp and 120wtq. Really what i want is a streetable track car. So here goes what i have acquired so far.
stock y7 motor
z6 head- dismantled today thanks to sohcinwa
ex/si trans- need
B&M ss- installed
Prothane ss bushings- installed
bisi level 2 vtec cam- will send cam out soon but i need to call bisi first
Head hot tanked and milled .20 - will have done by a local shop soon
p28 ecu-got it
obd2a- obd1 harness - got it
bisi valvetrain and non slip cam gear
ebay header- need
2.25 inch exhaust
cai- on order
new gasket set- have
I think thats it ill post pics up of the head dismantaling and everything once i find my usb cable. I can wait to get this baby going.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
:TU: Keep us all posted... I will talk to Bisi tonight and let him know you will be calling.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well as i promised here are some pics of the teardown. I will also post pics of my short shifter install whenever it comes. I however can not do a light pnp until the weekend because i have football everynight so that'll happen this weekend. Ill start with the intake manifold runners then work to the head.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Details on the cylinder head?... From the looks of it i would say the oil wasn't changed too often. Becareful and closely inspect the cam journals. Would be a shame to put a bunch of work into a junk head.

Other than that take lots of pics. Build threads are awesome.

·
Registered
1997 Civic Hatch D18Y8 M62 S/C
2,663 Posts
Wow. I see a lot of burnt on oil.

After you're done porting it, have the head hot tanked.

Some of your exhaust valve surfaces looked chipped. I'd replace them all.

You can disassemble the valve train and soak them in Piston Kleen or a 50/50 mix of Simple Green and water and they will look like new.

Good luck with the build.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i will do so, tommorow is port day. I just need to get a high rpm dremel. The cylinder head is in good shape, no leaks, cracks that i could see, no warpage greater than .001, but im going to have the head milled and hot tanked anyway.

·
Registered
173 Posts
good luck with the build. and thats sweet the head is only warped .001 i warped my preludes .018 lol way to much boost.

O by the way i have a ebay header i wanna get rid of. has 2 broken studs in it but i only want like 25 bucks for it.

·
Registered
'89 CRX Si
469 Posts
If u haven't found P28 yet, check craigslist. Don't just search ur area, either. Search the state, an' surrounding areas. U'd be surprised what some little old lady is attempting 2 get rid of for $50. I saw a '98 prelude for $800 - with a blown engine - in my city!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Didnt get around to porting but cleaned up the head and tb, porting will occur next week also cleaned up the valves today. I need to take some pics of them.
My boy Joe Giglio who rebuilt my rocker arms

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok big doings, i finally got enough money to buy a good dremel. SO port is comint this weekend for sure, My football team is in the playoffs but im trying to work on sundays to make some money for the header and exhaust. I just recieved my short shifter, and bushings. Also will finish up some body work and will post pics of everything on saturday.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts