Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey d series I have a quick noob? I plan on gettn this d16y7 block built I have vitara cast pistons and crower rods I have a micro polished crank. Are head studs almost everything to get it built my local builder would be interprep tuning I have to go down and talk to him about it I'm just curious how much it'll cost for him to build it Ik it varies but builders I'm really jus wondering I anyone has any info on your cost to get a engine built

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bad I'm at work....I'm just trying to get input on how much engine builders cost to build a block....like I said I know it varies from builder to builder .... I'm going to be going to talk to the guy that's doing it...I just wantd to Maybe hear of cost that other people have paid... I pretty much have everything to do it..I plan on keeping stock sleeves..I have vitara cast pistons...crower rods...arp head studs....micro polished crank. Couple other things. I'm just curious what I can exspect. I know it varies

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,268 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why you guys always hating.. I dnt get it ... I'm sorry I don't eat sleep and breath Hondas. I'm just trying to ask a question

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Why you guys always hating.. I dnt get it ... I'm sorry I don't eat sleep and breath Hondas. I'm just trying to ask a question
You are trying to ask a question you have already answered yourself, the cost of engine building varies from shop to shop also what you want done also will change the cost.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oic I already have all the parts ...I just didn't know if it's a 2,000 dollar bill or more like a 10,000 I have no clue

·
Registered
94 Civic Ex Sedan
815 Posts
People love to hate get used to it :) It's meant to bring you down usually. If your intentions are good just brush it off. To prevent further forum hate 1 good rule to follow is proof read before you post. :)

Heres my estimate:
count on 75-100 per hour labor. So I would guess a good 10 hours total. So at least $1000-$1500 labor plus parts plus tune for $500-$1000.

Do you want it to be reliable? That almost always costs more.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
And what is the intended purpose of the build?

Track car?
Street Screamer?
Turbo build?

Im assuming your going to boost it with the piston choice.

You wont know what youll have to do until the breakdown. If the crank journals are in good shape, then you might not need a polishing.

Things like this shouldve been done first before starting this thread. That way you can narrow down what needs to be done and what fine for the build.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Hey d series I have a quick noob? I plan on gettn this d16y7 block built I have vitara cast pistons and crower rods I have a micro polished crank. Are head studs almost everything to get it built my local builder would be interprep tuning I have to go down and talk to him about it I'm just curious how much it'll cost for him to build it Ik it varies but builders I'm really jus wondering I anyone has any info on your cost to get a engine built
My bad I'm at work....I'm just trying to get input on how much engine builders cost to build a block....like I said I know it varies from builder to builder .... I'm going to be going to talk to the guy that's doing it...I just wantd to Maybe hear of cost that other people have paid... I pretty much have everything to do it..I plan on keeping stock sleeves..I have vitara cast pistons...crower rods...arp head studs....micro polished crank. Couple other things. I'm just curious what I can exspect. I know it varies
Oic I already have all the parts ...I just didn't know if it's a 2,000 dollar bill or more like a 10,000 I have no clue
Nah I'm not doing any of it

Contact GO-AUTOWORKS he has built many D series engine and offers prebuilt blocks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Idk heard you get low compression with vitaras....like 8.5:1 or somthing that seems real low....and my bad I have crower rods ....I have a turbonetics t3t4 turbo

I'm not really looking for a lot if hp maybe the low 300s .... My head is completely stock...I know I'll hav to get bigger injectors ...could I keep the head stock ??? I'm just looking for a reliable car. That I can cruise around in.. Won't be driven everyday

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
With that low of compression it will idle like shit and not build boost in two centuries. Get the head milled to raise the CR, you might be able to shave the block a little as well. You will need an adjustable cam gear and shorter timing belt.

Also the cost of someone else to build it will be all dependent on what you are doing, is he just building the block or the whole motor right down to the timing belt?

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Oh and 8.5 compression? Where did you get that number from, do you have custom length rods?

If no custom length rods or milling you will be at ~7.5:1 also known as uber suckness for CR

1 - 20 of 41 Posts