Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Engine Block Building Parts and Services

Exospeed Sleeving Service and Darton MID sleeve kits: Authorized Dealer

Complete machining services from sleeve installation to final machining. We offer Darton open deck sleeves and Darton MID sleeves for the D-series.
Purchase pistons from us or provide us the set and we can also have the final bore, hone and deck completed. You receive the block, ready for measurements and assembly.

Open Deck sleeves: $890.00 with bore, hone, hot tank and decking of the block.
Darton MID sleeves: $1260.00 with bore, hone, hot tank and decking of the block.

Darton MID sleeve kits: $525.00 (Take it to your preferred machine shop for installation)

Arias Pistons and Eagle Rods: Authorized Dealer

Arias Piston kits and Eagle Rods combo package: $775.00 shipped.

Eagle Rods – D16 $299.00

Arias Piston sets - $469.00 (includes rings, wrist pins and locks)

D16A6 75.05 or 75mm, 8.5:1
D16A6 75.05 or 75mm, 10.5:1
D16Z6/Y7 75.05 or 75mm, 9:1
D16Z6/Y7 75.05 or 75mm, 11.5:1
D16Y8 75.05 or 75mm, 9:1
D16Y8 75.05 or 75mm, 11.5:1

Exospeed Racing Custom pistons:

Manufactured by Arias Pistons per Exospeed specifications. Pistons can be made with custom bore size, compression, valve pockets, skirt length, pin buttons, coatings, stroker setups, etc.
Starting at $590.00/set with rings/wrist pins/locks.

Cometic Head Gaskets:

D16A6: MLS .030”, 75.5mm, 76mm, 77mm, 78mm, 79mm $90.00
D16Z6: MLS .030”, 75.5mm, 76mm, 77mm, 78mm, 79mm $90.00
D16Y8: MLS .030”, 75.5mm, 76mm, 77mm, 78mm, 79mm $90.00

Custom thickness and bore sizes: $Contact us.

Exospeed Race Engines: complete built race blocks and full race motors.

Contact us if you need block building services. We can build from mild OEM builds to full competition race engines.
We build engines for Drag, Street, Road Racing, Autocross, Off-Road, and more.

D16Z6 Stage 3 race block with Arias Pistons and Eagle Rods.

Darton Open Deck style Sleeved D16Z6 block: Shown as our Stage 4 race block with Arias Pistons

Darton MID sleeved block: shown below

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Darton MID is $575.00 Retail price and the Open deck Darton sleeve kit is $250.00

The rest is installation, bore, hone, hot tank and deck of the block.

Does it sound unreasonable to you?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
have any pics of the sleeves installed, power rating?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
The Darton MID is $575.00 Retail price and the Open deck Darton sleeve kit is $250.00

The rest is installation, bore, hone, hot tank and deck of the block.

Does it sound unreasonable to you?
Its not that it is unreasonable, but a friend shipped his block out to Ca and it was $250.00 for the open deck like you said, but to do the installation, bore, hone, and deck of the block it was $300.00.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tell me where that is and I'll get stuff done there too. :)

$550.00 for everything is real cheap. I dont know of anyone doing it for that much. Share the source, we can all benefit from it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Its not that it is unreasonable, but a friend shipped his block out to Ca and it was $250.00 for the open deck like you said, but to do the installation, bore, hone, and deck of the block it was $300.00.
I highly dout that! and if he did I wouldnt trust it. I never heard of anyone getting a block sleeved for $550.00

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
the only way i have ever heard of someone sleeving a block for 300 is i they have like a hook up and know the dude doin it personally...i think exospeed is giving a fair price on it..

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
the only way i have ever heard of someone sleeving a block for 300 is i they have like a hook up and know the dude doin it personally...i think exospeed is giving a fair price on it..
Will thats the thing, it might be he got hook up. He does not want to tell me where or how, all he told me was that he payed $550.00 for it.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
have any pics of the sleeves installed, power rating?
oh sorry missed your post earlier. I'l have pictures up later tonight.
The Darton MID and Darton open deck sleeves are both good for over 500hp easily. I'm sure they'll handle even more. Its just the Ds dont make that much power to really push them to the limits.

on our H22 race engine, we're pushing 1100hp on it with the MID. We've pushed the MID in a B-series at about 900hp and I'm sure they can do more.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
the cheapest i get a block sleave here in la is 750..... thats a deal :D but u guys got good prices cant argue

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
u have a killer set-up mike

·
Registered
Civic
682 Posts
Can you fully port & polish/Adjust a skunk2 or edelbrock intake manifold ?
And i mean everything ,plenum volume ,tapered runners, ect...
It's for a N/a D.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
Can you fully port & polish/Adjust a skunk2 or edelbrock intake manifold ?
And i mean everything ,plenum volume ,tapered runners, ect...
It's for a N/a D.
sorry they are not currently doing that. they can match port the IM to the head for $60.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We used to do full work on intake manifolds, but we stopped doing certain things so we can provide faster turn around on our main services. We're keeping our services simple in a way so we can have quicker turn arounds and get engines/heads out quicker. We've done custom stuff in the past, ALOT of different custom work, and they just delay our normal work where it affects productivity time. I apologize that we can't do that for you. I would love to, but we're not prepared to do that at this time.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts