Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
cover the dizzy, dont spray the battery and your fine. if your pressure washing dont spray the alt. either. Simple green, purple power or meguiars all purpose cleaner are good ones to use

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
pull the engine...hose the bitch down....put in a better engine. done....

·
Registered
01 Gsr And 06 Xrunne
231 Posts
degreaser pressure washer preferably hot water cover dizzy n intake filter if u got an after market one

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
lol @ bone. A GOOD way to clean is WD-40 actually. takes all the dirt off and gives a shine. however the dirt sticks to it easily too. Best way i have found is to clean it with cleaner, i used the meguiars stuff and than use a spray wax and wipe it down. This is my families crown vic i detailed. i used the meguiars stuff than used Poorboys world trim restorer to clean it up. Results speak for themselves

·
Registered
96 civic coupe d16y7
262 Posts
i spray everything down with purple power and let it break down the grease for about 10mins and spray down with pressure washer and repeat,but i put a bag over the intake filter and sometimes i have to take out my plugs and cap to dry,so if u have problems starting your car,boggin out and miss firing that would be your problem,also when everthing is dry i go over the hoses with armor all for a nice glossy shine

·
Registered
550 Posts
i detail cars for at a dealership and all we do is soak the whole motor down with degreaser and spray it off with a pressure washer and spray on some dressing and weve never had any problems. however if the car has an aftermarket air filter we do wrap it up real good.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
simple green with a bit of water mixed and a extra spray bottle with nothing but water. spray dirty areas with simple green then scrub and rinse with the spray bottle with water is what i do. then after all that spray all those hoses with tire foam and let it dry to shine up the hoses.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just Whatever you do make sure the distributor, alt., and other electrical items such as the fuse box are covered with platsic bags!! otherwise you could run into some very expensive problems...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts