Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ivee seen some of the users blocks on here are blanced say to 10k or 8k. what exactly does this mean. do i assemble the block with pistons and rods ect and take it to a machine shop and they do something. sorry for such an odd question but thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Best idea would be to talk to the machine shop you intend to use as people have different ways of approaching the task. find out from them how they want it and go from there

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
they spin your crank and take material off to make it perfectly balanced. kind of like balancing the wheels on your car. just makes it so there are no vibrations that could cause a failure somewhere

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
i think they're supposed to do it to your pistons and rods too.

That's what Spoon does BTW... except they buy a crap load of parts and weigh them all out. The ones whose weights match, they put together in a set and sell it for $$$.

B

·
0 Posts
You guys wait and see I am going to start the only Dseries tuning company and I will call it "Fork" and just like spoon I will buy a shit load of Factory parts then weight match everything and ensure clearances are correct then slap a cool looking sticker on them and sell it all for double! bastards, they are geniuses I tell you.

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
But think of it this way

Say you want 4 pistons to match up at 50 grams (don't know an actual piston weight)
It takes you 12 pistons to get within 4-5% of that weight, some of these "other" pistons can be used in other matched sets
You have a lot of stock required to produce matched sets, and a lot of pistons that may not be able to be sold as a matched set.

Would you charge normal pricing??

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my main reason for this is that im saving for an exospeedhead basiclly ;) and imma rebuild a block...havent decided which yet and i see there heads are ready for 9k obviously i wouldnt make power up top but what does a stock d-series block handle revving wise. i mean i see builthatch takes his to 7500 but could i rev to say 8k safely on a d-series block or what. otherwise this thread looks more intresting than i thought :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts