Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hope this doesnt qualify as a newb question but this is my first build and I have done extensive research on what parts will work out best for me.
Problem is, I had never even though about balancing the crank, pistons, etc..
I really don't know much about it but a smart friend of mine said it would be more than a good idea. I'm shooting for around 350hp. Should I get everything balanced?
Sorry. I have just never heard of anybody on here doing it so it didn't seem like anything important... but I figured asking would probably be my best bet. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
if your shooting for high rpm's then get it balanced, otherwise if you havent done something stupid like ground on the crankshaft for no reason leave it alone and throw it together.

·
Registered
171 Posts
shouldnt this be in Engine Building?

But i balanced mines. I do anything/everything to make sure that it can be the best that it can be. You never know when you want to go further with the power.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if your shooting for high rpm's then get it balanced, otherwise if you havent done something stupid like ground on the crankshaft for no reason leave it alone and throw it together.
Well its going to be a drag car/ weekend warrior so i will pretty much for sure be in high rpm.

shouldnt this be in Engine Building?

But i balanced mines. I do anything/everything to make sure that it can be the best that it can be. You never know when you want to go further with the power.
Maybe. Thats where I wanted to put it but I guess I wasnt paying attention. Sorry.
You're probably right. I guess it cant hurt.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
im sure it cant hurt, but these arent SBC motors. honda balances the crank from the factory, as long as you keep a stock crank pulley and a decent weight flywheel i wouldnt worry about getting it balanced

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
my motor was balanced... after the spun bearing, im deciding if i want it to get balanced again with the new crank and the one new rod i had to get. im probably not even going to get it balanced

·
Registered
34 Posts
The money spent on that for a 350 WHP engine could benefit you in other areas. Not saying you shouldnt do it but look at your build and see if it will benefit you. I ran 9.20 @ 158 on stock cams (in my Hot Rod) just because I always looked at cost vs benefit of buying aftermarket units.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool. Well will it better help my build to hold strong or will it show better numbers at the track or neither?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts