Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a while back i put in a synhrotech transmission, new clutch cable and exedy sport clutch all at the same time in my 89 crx si.

at first i figured clutch cable was stretching a bit as it was new, break in sort of. but anyway the engagement point is high when cold and gets lower when warm. Cable is a beck arnley.

anyone seen a clutch disk cause this weird lowering engagement point?

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Aftermarket cable stretching or pedal bracket is cracking and flexing. Push on the clutch with your hand while looking at the bracket and see if it moves at all. You can have it welded or reinforced if it is. OEM cable is still available 22910-SH3-A05.

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bracket broke and was re-welded with a bunch of new reinforcing tabs about 4-6 months prior to all the other parts being changed. I may have to go for the oem cable since the factory one lasted over 300k miles...

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went with the Exedy clutch due to concerns about pedal pressure. I actually looked for my old cable last night with no luck. I will order a new cable from Honda and hope for the best.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
I always use the OEM cable on mine. My pedal bracket broke as well from excessive PP pressure.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
i had alot of problems with my clutch cable and cable brackets when i installed my action clutch 6 puck. it would stretch the cable over time and bend the clutch brackets inwards on both the transmission and pedal assembly. eventually i swapped over to hydro and it solved all of my clutch issues with the sonem hydro conversion kit.

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have been looking at the hydro setups, though my pedal pressure should not be that bad yet. I am also trying to put off any work that requires that much effort for a while lol mostly I am trying to get ready to dyno and spending a few hundred on hydro conversion will push that dyno session back yet again.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
If my pedal doesn't improve with a stock PP I will change to hydro as well....if I still have the CRX at that point.

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
holy crap. side by side the aftermarket cable looks more substantial with more metal parts. its pedal pressure was HEAVY. the new OEM cable, super light pedal weight,engagement point doesnt change. crazy. I have to re-learn how to drive the car!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts