Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
No more Honda's :-(
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put them a couple of hours ago but so far so good. i put them all in ( 3 tourqu mounts). i have a bit of vibration at idle but nothing that i won't get used to. i can already tell how much nicer it shifts. now i just have to see about wheel spin/hop.

[/img]

·
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they are really easy to install. just remove the mount and slide them in. 2 of mine needed zip ties to hold them together. the ties were included. for $34 you can't go wrong. and yes i still like them. they make my cd player skip when starting off in 1st gear but i don't care.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,433 Posts
First off, the rear insert does the most benefit.

I had the cure (fender washers) for ES front lower inserts, emailed them about it, but they had their idea at the same time.

Without the ties or fenderwashers, the LF inner insert can work out and run on the AC belt.

·
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not hard at all if you have a lift. i think that the rear mount was something like 4 bolt, maybe 5 and just pull it up a bit, slide in the inserts and then slide it back down. they still do shake a bit but the wheel hop is almost completly gone. i put them in to stop the wheel hop and also i didn't want to run drag radials on stock mounts.

·
I used to be Admin.....
763 Posts
2redstars said:
dude! it looks like someone vomited on your car.
Hahahah! $1000 for you!!!

J

·
0 Posts
the tougher mount insterts should be able to help control the engine movement under hard running.

L

·
0 Posts
True ^ I've had mine in for awhile now, after a while you get use to the vibration, however you must prepare yourself for more rattles than you thought possible suddenly "popping up". Although I will admit extra noises is worth the dramatic corner handling I achieve with them as opposed to without. Much more of a solid feel, envokes more confidence.

J

·
0 Posts
I have the complete Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts and Energy Suspension Hyperflex Bushing Kit throughout the whole car. I can't complain for the price I paid and just did my own labor. Heard the energy red ones squeak alot.

Oh ya, You need to clean ur engine bay..

·
Registered
130 Posts
i have those inserts in for about a year now and my car vibrates like a bitch, i mean EVERYTHING vibrates but they work sweeeet :lol:

·
Registered
88 CrX Si
222 Posts
Yea i have the red polyurathane motor inserts too and ive had them in there for almost a month... yea everything vibrates.

The original motor mounts take most of that vibration and transfer it to the motor... cuase it to move and not stick in one place... like the polyurathane ones... they make the motor stick in one place unlike the original motor mounts.

·
0 Posts
What the first guy said.. It looks like someone vomited on your car.

LOL I laughed my ass off out loud for like 10 minutes. :D Maybe I'm just bored!!

·
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
6gcivic said:
What the first guy said.. It looks like someone vomited on your car.

LOL I laughed my ass off out loud for like 10 minutes. :D Maybe I'm just bored!!
why don't you spend more time trying to get your car faster than mine and less time worrying about what my engine bay looks like.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts