Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I know there are people using this manifold, but I am not finding pics of their oil feed lines. I do not see a way with the supplied lines to keep them from touching the manifold.

I could use the threads in the oil feed hole and maybe find a 90 degree fitting; however, there is no guarantee it will be facing forward once it is tightened.

Anyone using this manifold, how is your feed line run?

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
You could fit a spacer plate between the manifold and turbo flanges.

You could make a fitting by welding a 90 deg fitting or bent pipe to a flange that bolts to the oil port on the turbo.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
There does not appear to be that many bolts on the centre housing. It might only clock 90 deg at a time.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
You have to use a compact 90 degree fitting and run the line under the manifold towards the cam gear.
Its a huge pain in the ass.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
i do customer installs all the time, i dont get it, not being rude but is it that hard.

most oil line fittings are straight, i go grab a 90* 1/8npt to -4 or 03 depending on line. bam, done.

even at home depot/lowes/ace they sell 90* 1/8npt fittings male and female so you can screw in the original fitting.

they have fittings for anything man, 2$ fix.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
i use a tap because most of the time the shit isnt 1/8npt****
Yeah, it seems to be 3/8 24. I thought that was kind of odd.

Take a look at my location. The closest Home Depot type of store is more than an hour and a half away, and the locals a shitty selection of fittings. This is why I was over looking something more obvious... I am trying to avoid wasting 3-4 hours of time and gas to buy 3 dollars in fittings.

You have to use a compact 90 degree fitting and run the line under the manifold towards the cam gear.
Its a huge pain in the ass.
This is what I had in my head if I couldn't make it happen with what I currently have.

Edit:

Found this kit on ebay. I guess I did miss the obvious. I came up with nothing on Google or here, but searching Ebay for an Ebay turbo kit. Who would have thought? :)

It looks like they have the cartridge tilted pretty far back in order to use the vertical fitting. Does that oil drain look to be at too much of an angle? Though I am sure that will not be the death of this turbo; you should see what they did to balance it.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
The china turbos have metric pipe threads, so with an adapter and a 90 its pretty tight. Makes it hard to get a wrench in there to tighten everything down

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
thats what banjo bolts are for...

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^
I wish I could find one locally

So I popped by my friend's place today so he could braze on my oil drain fitting. It works out really well for me... he likes shooting my sub-machine gun, and I like when he welds shit for me.

The fitting was cut at 10 degrees so it would slope down.

Anywho, to make a short story long... My buddy told me about a AG store/shop (works on farm implement) about 20 min away that has a decent variety of fittings.

Here is what I came up with.

Thanks for the input gents.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
^
I wish I could find one locally

So I popped by my friend's place today so he could braze on my oil drain fitting. It works out really well for me... he likes shooting my sub-machine gun, and I like when he welds shit for me.

The fitting was cut at 10 degrees so it would slope down.

Anywho, to make a short story long... My buddy told me about a AG store/shop (works on farm implement) about 20 min away that has a decent variety of fittings.

Here is what I came up with.

Thanks for the input gents.

Its a feed so it will work.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Why did you chose that position for the fitting on the oil pan?
It's not in the way of any bolts, and I didn't have to cut through any of the spot welds on the baffle. I probably could have moved it one set of bolt holes to the left (in that pic), but it will do the job where it is.

i chose pretty much the same location, for the same reasons.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts