Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just drained my oil and take off the filter, to my surprise, there was not a drip of oil coming out of it like always. I was getting ready to get oil on my hand like before but I was disappointed. I turned the filter upside down and flash it several times but nothing comes out not even the slightest amount. My filter is from the dealer also. Why is this happened?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,887 Posts
open it up. is there oil in the media?

compressed air, make as tight of a seal around the filter location on the block and blast 20psi or so, does it sound like there is nothing slowing the air down out of the dipstick?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
open it up. is there oil in the media?

compressed air, make as tight of a seal around the filter location on the block and blast 20psi or so, does it sound like there is nothing slowing the air down out of the dipstick?
When you slowing air down out of the dipstick I’m not sure what you trying to say to me.
Did your car sit for a while before you pulled the filter? Depending on how long it sits, it can be normal.
well, drove the far on the ramp last night and drain the oil this morning. It took me about an hour to get the filter off because the filter wrench I’m using was giving me trouble.

·
5,887 Posts
does it sound like 20psi is flowing out, or does it sound like there is a clog and its barely flowing. you may be able to purge the clog backwards into the engine. that or you can sea foam it and hope it clears it out, if it really is blocked up

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
does it sound like 20psi is flowing out, or does it sound like there is a clog and its barely flowing. you may be able to purge the clog backwards into the engine. that or you can sea foam it and hope it clears it out, if it really is blocked up
I don’t hear any air coming from anywhere bro. This engine is the engine I bought from someone. My first engine never had this issue. Not sure if it’s the filter that have the problem or something serious going on. My filters are always from the dealer.

·
5,887 Posts
never said it was the filter. said it was something inside the engine not letting it get that far, and if youre blowing air into the engine and not hearing anything, sounds like its blocked up

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
1,473 Posts
If it sat overnight you would likely only see a few drops when removing the filter, the oem honda filter does not have an anti drain back valve in it to my knowledge, unless they have updated it in the last couple years. If you had no oil flow you would know it pretty quickly as the bearings wouldn't last much longer than 4 or 5 minutes with 0 oil flow.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If it sat overnight you would likely only see a few drops when removing the filter, the oem honda filter does not have an anti drain back valve in it to my knowledge, unless they have updated it in the last couple years. If you had no oil flow you would know it pretty quickly as the bearings wouldn't last much longer than 4 or 5 minutes with 0 oil flow.
I figured if I have serious issues I would be hearing some noise in the engine and it would’ve jammed or cracked the engine lol n some way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.