Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Civic Ex
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself and another friend have been having trouble passing the ontario emissions testing... Now we have sorta figured something out... We thought that the injectors are controlled by the ecu now if we were to unplug one wire it would run lean and cause it to mis fire. Will this effect and reduce our emissions levels since one of the injectors are unplugged?
Any input to this will be greatful!

·
Registered
98 Civic Ex
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Also we have to check engine light taken out... and they as in the shop don't read the computer ecu, just what comes out of the exhaust.

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
this thread fuckin sucks

how stupid do you think they are that they wont notice the check engine light doesnt come on with the key on bulb test?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thats a pretty dumb idea man.

Just diagnose the car properly and try to make it pass correctly.

Turning off 1 injector and unplugging the check light bulb will def not slove your problem.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,459 Posts
What part are you failing?????

My DX (your CX) passed our standards without a CAT until I spoke up. When retested I passed ULEV VX standards.

Yeah, it was awesome......hope to motor still wants to live again.

·
Registered
295 Posts
God, that's one reason...probably the only...why living in ND rocks. No emission testing.
Same thing in Michigan, if they bring it back i'm screwed. I think the only car that would pass is my wifes CRV. Both of my Civics are modded with no cats and my F-250 might pass if i'm lucky.

·
Registered
94 hatch
450 Posts
yeah unplugging an injector will fail it hard core lol if the cars are just up for sticker renual just do the 450 repair cost limit it includes the labour involved in dianosis

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
What modifications if any are done to the car? Does it have a swap from one D to another? If so is it the right ECU? When was the last tune-up? We all need this info before any legit suggestions can be made.

·
Poop Sock
wrx & slut rex
3,798 Posts
What part are you failing?????

My DX (your CX) passed our standards without a CAT until I spoke up. When retested I passed ULEV VX standards.

Yeah, it was awesome......hope to motor still wants to live again.
It will make them worse.

The CEL is the first thing to diagnose.
What modifications if any are done to the car? Does it have a swap from one D to another? If so is it the right ECU? When was the last tune-up? We all need this info before any legit suggestions can be made.
dangels where you at? you have questions to answer...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts