Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll get right to the point, I broke a piston in my d15b (jdm) at the track the other night. I am going to rebuild it. I already pulled the motor this morning. I am wondering if i use the 75.5mm vitara pistons if i can use the stock rod beacuase i just cant afford tt's or eagles (sucks). I am going to have the block bored out by my local shop. I am also wondering if i can use z6 main bearings, rod bearings, and main seals. This is my DD (student & work full time) so i really fucked myself this time. Im hoping i can knock this out in less than a week. Help me out

P.S I have a full turbo kit waiting to go on thats why im going vitara.

·
4 doors of fury!!!!
2,386 Posts
fjp sells kits w/ vitaras that come w/ all the gaskets, bearings and all for less than 300. ive read that he can get all the jdm d15b parts as well. i think he has them on ebay now too. hit him up.

·
Registered
838 Posts
you have to convert the stock rods to fit the full floating pins. just find another block it will be more easier for you while your building the d15b. my d15b is also hurt, have to add oil in it every other day but slowing building my d16z6. atleast when its done, it will be able to handle serious hp and tons of abuse with piece of mind!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not finding a block when i can fix the one i have, I appreicate your advice but i dont like buying thigs i dont need. I'll convert the rods if i have to, I am very able to do whatever. Where can i find fjp

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
fjt... not fjp. ive also heard of using LS rods for a bit of an upgrade. i dont know if they work for the d15b, but they are cheap if they can be modified to work.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks man i found fjt and sent him a messege. Do you know how to convert stock rod to full floating pin. Can i use z6/y8 main seals and rod/main bearings???

·
4 doors of fury!!!!
2,386 Posts
im not sure. he says he can get the jdm d15b bearings w/ that kit i was telling u about. so no need for z6 or y8. but if u dont go w/ fjt i belive u use vx main/rod bearings. i belive jdm d15b is vx bottom /z6 head. at least thats what i have gatherd. but the crankshaft on the d15b is unique, so im not sure.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do have a spare y8 block it may be easyer to just use that, The only issue is using the stock rod with the vitara piston

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mmmm alright then, I wish i could dawm just get a set of stock pistons for my d15, it would make my life alot easyer. I have not heard from fjt yet on anything, supposedly he can get the stock parts for the d15b

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
its pointless to do a vitara build with toothpick connecting rods. usually your rods are the weakest link and will go before your pistons.
you have a whole list of unnecessary parts that you can sell to buy some tt rods. dont waste your money on parts that you dont need.
like these parts
pulleys
Intake
Edlebrock header
Msd sport compact ignition/external coil
,pressure regulator, AEM Fuel rail,
11lb flywheel
wet 75 shot

·
Registered
728 Posts
its pointless to do a vitara build with toothpick connecting rods. usually your rods are the weakest link and will go before your pistons.
you have a whole list of unnecessary parts that you can sell to buy some tt rods. dont waste your money on parts that you dont need.
like these parts
pulleys
Intake
Edlebrock header
Msd sport compact ignition/external coil
,pressure regulator, AEM Fuel rail,
11lb flywheel
wet 75 shot
Agreed.

To the OP: http://www.heeltoeauto.com/Honda-D-Series-ZC-c-2010.html

That's the only place I know of that sells P08 pistons.

·
Registered
1 Posts
j90crx i have a z6 and i have the vitaras with stock rods. The stock wrist pins are pressed in so i just used the new vitaras wrist pins and had them pressed in. it works fine for me no modifacations to pistons or rods.

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
j90crx i have a z6 and i have the vitaras with stock rods. The stock wrist pins are pressed in so i just used the new vitaras wrist pins and had them pressed in. it works fine for me no modifacations to pistons or rods.
like i said, why use oem rods with vitaras. youre not going to make any more power because of the connecting rods. its a waste of money if your just buying a set of vitaras for oem rods, it doesnt achieve anything but spending more money for the same hp levels.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I already bought rods/ and vitaras, i had more space on my credit card then i thought. Thank You for your opinions but
Dont tell me about what parts not to buy, when i build for nitrous i do it right. That includes parts like a NITROUS KIT, a good ignition, intake, header. And if i put a $400 dollar clutch in a car bet your ass i am going to get a good flywheel. Parts that got me to a 13.1 @ 102

Now that i am building for boost i have bought diffrent parts, and you can ask fjt who told me himself he has seen stock rods go above 260hp with a good tune.

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
I already bought rods/ and vitaras, i had more space on my credit card then i thought. Thank You for your opinions but
Dont tell me about what parts not to buy, when i build for nitrous i do it right. That includes parts like a NITROUS KIT, a good ignition, intake, header. And if i put a $400 dollar clutch in a car bet your ass i am going to get a good flywheel. Parts that got me to a 13.1 @ 102

Now that i am building for boost i have bought diffrent parts, and you can ask fjt who told me himself he has seen stock rods go above 260hp with a good tune.

uhhhg, car parts on credit cards :TD:

seriously, if you're a student and this is your DD...you need to work on your priorities. Making your car "MAD TYTE JDM VTAK! YO!" should be towards the bottom of your priorities...you busted a motor, you should just grab a crate motor, toss it in, and enjoy the fact that the car is reliable, and buy your "fun" parts later on.

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts

if you plan on pushing 260hp for dd on stock rods, i hope you have another credit card to back up another broken toothpick. im sure that theres been a few 260 hp bottom ends. but thats extremely rare and takes a very good tuner.
i speak from experience. you dont have to have a complicated build in order to make good power, just a smart selection of the right parts.
my settup simply consists of vitara pistons, eagle rods, and arp headstuds, stock im, stock head , stock fuel rail, stock flywheel. enough to make an 11 second car. prob 12 on street tires. if you over complicate things its just asking for more to go wrong. im not telling you what to buy, just suggesting from experience. if you spend your money wisely and sell the parts that you dont need then you can have a set of forged rods. ...... im done

1 - 20 of 22 Posts