Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
what would be the most logicall engine management to get for my set up.
16y8 block
y7 head
eagle rods
wiseco 9.1 pistons
750 injectors
255 pump
aem fuel rail
arp head studs
t3/4 turbo
fmic
and so on....................

the goal is around 350 whp on pump gas. i have the money for the aem but if i really dont need all of the features aem has why should i spend the extra money on it.

regardless what everyone will say the car is staying obd2. im not doing a ecu swap and chip.
thanks for anyones input

·
Banned
424 Posts
crome pro would be best but since you're staying obd2 i would have to ask why?

·
Banned
424 Posts
not sure if i will be happy with 350 whp and the setup so i want to be able to adjust things my self
you don't have emissions testing in florida right?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if going with crome is so great why dont most of the fastest drag civics run it?

did no one read the part where i said its staying obd2? all i am asking is for someones opinion on the three choices i have listed. do i tell you to put on different tires because i think yours suck?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
if going with crome is so great why dont most of the fastest drag civics run it?

did no one read the part where i said its staying obd2? all i am asking is for someones opinion on the three choices i have listed. do i tell you to put on different tires because i think yours suck?
cuz crome doesn't sponser drag cars:hammer: Maybe hondata if you wanna stay obd2...but why are you so stuck on obd2?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its not really about staying obd2 its about not swapping and chipping an ecu. i just dont trust it i have had problems before in other projects

·
Banned
424 Posts
its not really about staying obd2 its about not swapping and chipping an ecu. i just dont trust it i have had problems before in other projects
:noway:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
who did you have doin the work?? Swapping the ECU isn't hard at all, and there are many reputable ppl that can chip your ECU for way less than the price of stand-alone management.... but if you're really worried about it; i'd go for Hondata...

·
Registered
826 Posts
if your gona stay obd-2 then go ahead and buy the greddy e-manage ultimate and tune your fuel that way. the AEM EMS is waaaaay overpriced and why buy the blue box e-manage when you can pay a bit more and get the e-manage ultimate

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
i know several people that have great running cars and i mean 12-11s running NEPtune and crome,

obd2 will just hold you back your in florida theres no emissions so take advantage of it obd-2-1 harness crome pro get tuned

·
Registered
826 Posts
i know several people that have great running cars and i mean 12-11s running NEPtune and crome,

obd2 will just hold you back your in florida theres no emissions so take advantage of it obd-2-1 harness crome pro get tuned
well unfortunatly here in california we have the most restrictions on cars. i have to stay obd-2 so me tuning with the greddy e-manage ultimate is the best thing i can get.

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
well unfortunatly here in california we have the most restrictions on cars. i have to stay obd-2 so me tuning with the greddy e-manage ultimate is the best thing i can get.
do this obd-2-1 chip ecu get tuned ok keep the e-manage and when the time of year comes around for smog toss it in

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Can't argue with wanting to have tech support if something goes wrong. EMS is the most tuneable, seeing how it's a replacment standalone, not an addon like an AFC.

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
afc is just worthless imo.

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
i guess if you want to stay obd2, go aem. you will have all the tuning capabliities you will ever need. and i read an article some where that said aem ems is easier for the beginner to use. it also has auto mapping which will help if you are doing it yourself. but if i was doing it, i would go obd1 and run hondata.

ryan

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Exactally, and an Emanage (no matter how many features they add) is jsut a glorified AFC. Sure they were great 5 years ago, but technology has mooced forward.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts