Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I apologize if this kind of thread exists. I searched around but couldn't find anything regarding 7th gen Civics.

I'll soon be doing the rear disc conversion to my 01 LX and have all of the brake parts from the back of the 02-03 Civic HB. Now I know that I wont be using the wheel speed sensors but I'm wondering if there is a proportioning valve that I should be switching to aswell? Everything else is straightforward I just haven't been able to find anything about this.

Also if anyone could point me in the direction of a good set of braided flexhoses that would be awsome.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that thread has come up quite a few times in my searches. It doesn't answer my proportioning valve question though.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just read that whole thread. Justin wrote it up. Short answer, no, you don't need a proportioning valve. ABS should have nothing to do with the proportion between the front and rears. Your brake setup between ABS and non ABS are identical. Same rotors, same calipers, same pads, same drums, shoes, etc. Proportion should be the same. I have a dx and kept my stock prop valve and it's more than fine. Car stops on a dime.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds good to me. Anybody know where I can find a set of braided lines? All I can find is universal ones.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was just making sure. If the people here have had no real problems not changing it then I see no point in looking for one.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sounds good to me. Anybody know where I can find a set of braided lines? All I can find is universal ones.
is said that you should use a proportioning valve for a rear disc brake system because the rear drum brake assembly uses more pressure than the discs, but most of the people uses the same proportioning valve (integra to civic brakes).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts