Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We started the project of a D17A2 conversion to OBD1 and keep the individual coils functioning , here the progress...

The patient is an EM2 D17A2

We started working the cam so it can run the distributor.

EGR Removal:

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Then the instalation of the distributor because we need TDC CKP and CYP signals , plus we need to do some mods to the distributor so it can fit because of the water pipes.

We still have to manage to put a distributor cover and make that small water hose a little longer and out of the way

Attachments

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,107 Posts
I told you, post the link with a space somewhere in it and I will come back and edit it. reading pwns you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Why not just run Kpro?
Way too expensive compared to the fact that you can do this mods and just make it work with OBD1 and tune it . but that is not the whole story , remember that in the middle of this project a coil controller was developed by us that could work with all OBD1 for coil on plug and is not an expensive solution. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice work so far!

I'm actually very interested in how this project ends up. I'd love to be able to (relatively) easily run a chipped p28 on my D17.

Based on what you have completed so far, could you simply run a full distributor ignition? If you didn't want to keep COP

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice work so far!

I'm actually very interested in how this project ends up. I'd love to be able to (relatively) easily run a chipped p28 on my D17.

Based on what you have completed so far, could you simply run a full distributor ignition? If you didn't want to keep COP
Yes , but the whole idea is to keep it with the COP . Im actually merging the ECU with the controller and installing the circuit inside the ECU . I will post pics as soon as I finish the experiment :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts