Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a noobie at this but I was wondering if anyone knew anything about what to do about this problem. Just recently, my car will automatically shut off even when it has been running for some time. I don't know what is going on but I was hoping someone could help me.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Check codes, what's your setup, done anything recently, what's the last thing done to the vehicle. How to check codes can be found on this site. Just saying the car shuts down isn't enough. Mine shuts down after I've been driving awhile too. When I turn off the key. The answers to these Q's will help people here better understand your problem without seeing your car. Oh, and welcome.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome. Right now all I have is an intake, and exhaust for the engine. The car is lowered with springs, but I don't think there is an answer there. What I meant by the car shutting off is when I'm driving is will shut off and come back on again. I think it only comes back on because the car is still in motion, but it did die once when I was a full stop. I don't know what's going on. Also just in case, it's a 04 civic LX

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
is it just the motor that dies? or do some of the electronics in the car die as well, such as the lights, maybe the gauges, or possibly but i doubt it the radio? if more than just the motor dies, then i say start with the ignition key thingy (don't know the technical term here...), i mean the thing that you stick the key into to start the car...my accord had a similar problem, it turned out that the connectors within the ignition were dirty and covered in an oily substance...cleaned it all out and never had any more issues...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found out it was a connnection problem, a problem with my battery connection. I had a looked at by the dealership, and come to find out it was the battery cable sliding out of it's connection. I can't believe I spent 100 dollars plus to find that out.

·
Registered
369 Posts
it's ok now its fixed. better to have paid the 100 then not have your car stalling on you esp in a race.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts