Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, almost finished the tranny swap, however had a little problem with the VSS being stuck inside the clutch housing, and did not notice till just a few minutes ago.

Being this as the case...I do not have the time nor the patience to tear things apart, and take that out again. So what I am wondering is....

Will that plug cause any problems being in that housing for the short amount of time it will probably spend in there??

Once I start turn the car over it will probably be exposed to the access plate behind the oil pan, so I could most likely remove it then. But if I can't, just a bunch of shards of plastic and small pieces of metal will be thrown around the housing, this really could not be too much harm, could it???

Any thoughts?? Anyone have a VSS they can send me priority mail in return for payment after this weekend???

Chris

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
I had a cable of some kind that was stuck in the transmission housing (got caught when I put it all back together and didn't notice until too late).

I cut the wire and then just attached the leads directly to the wire after the male connector on the engine side. The piece that was stuck in the housing didn't cause any problems as far as I know.

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
makku said:
I had a cable of some kind that was stuck in the transmission housing (got caught when I put it all back together and didn't notice until too late).

I cut the wire and then just attached the leads directly to the wire after the male connector on the engine side. The piece that was stuck in the housing didn't cause any problems as far as I know.
Was it a big connector???

I can get a donor male VSS plug locally, just don't want to bother if its going to be a problem.

I may just crank the engine by hand to get the old connector out

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
inch by half-inch connector with about 2-3 inches of wire stuck in there. Right where the flywheel is on top.

C

·
0 Posts
pull the tranny out, doesn't take too long. the only thing i dont like is the ball joint...

but that is solved now that i got a special tool for it, still a PITA though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts