Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone see the electric turbos now being offered by JC Whitney? $350 and even comes in your choice of 8 different colours! claim 16-53 horsepower gain but for under 30 minutes of continous use... rather buy ssautochrome's first generation of turbo kit than this!

·
Want access???
12,304 Posts
1991rex said:
anyone see the electric turbos now being offered by JC Whitney? $350 and even comes in your choice of 8 different colours! claim 16-53 horsepower gain but for under 30 minutes of continous use... rather buy ssautochrome's first generation of turbo kit than this!

I didnt see and i dont see it .....

How about a Link????

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
sounds like the "supercharge anything for 69.99" :lol: ill stick with a real turbo:TU:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mark7901 said:
really? thats odd. I wonder if its because it's an enclosed core with no bearings.....
its electric so i assume it drains power from your battery, just seen it in the new sport compact catalog from jc whitney not sure if on their online store yet have to check their part no for a black one is EAC283639...guess some stupid ricer will even try to hook up an intercooler to it! looks like a turbo but i i think installs like a electric supercharger...anyone who tries to hook this up to their exhaust is retarded! its made by street freakz

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
everything like that is a bullshit.

I've seen Electric supercharger from england made with 3 x 2hp DC electric motor with gage 2 wiring, coupled with kind of roots compressor. It's works really hard. I don'T remember this company but it push on switch demand up too 18 psi of boost and 11 on continuous with good CFM.

I called this electric supercharger, I'll try to find URL if my memory is good with those informations....

Something like this one, but much powerfull.

http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0406tur_knight_turbo_electric_supercharger/

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
bigfoot said:
sounds like the "supercharge anything for 69.99" :lol: ill stick with a real turbo:TU:
the tornado ftw! :lol:. Some dumbass put one of those things in my wife's turbo beetle before we bought it. I was changing the intake to a neuspeed and saw it in there and I was like wtf :lol:.

·
Registered
32 Posts
no you guys got it wrong, it is clearly put in the wrong catergory. It should be in interior acc. for that extra girly riding with ya. Running late for the track no prob she can blow dry her hair on the way, it will go good with VW's lipstick cooler option.

S

·
0 Posts
LOL.....what a waste of $350. I feel bad for the poor fools that buy them and expect noticeable gains. BTW....SSautochrome = junk.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'll sell you a Flux Capacitor for $349.99. Its been ported so it pumps out 1.85jigawatts instead of the stock 1.21 jigawatts. It really helped my top end.....88mph and up it fawkin rips. :) Save your $350 and put it towards a 'real' turbo kit.

·
Registered
97 Posts
sorry, not trying to tread jack but ive seen the SSautochrome turbo kit and it looked realy cheaply made and some knock off ass parts but i just wanted to know if they are any good? i want boost but i dont have 4k for a turbo kit.

T

·
0 Posts
sohcsleeper said:
LOL.....what a waste of $350. I feel bad for the poor fools that buy them and expect noticeable gains. BTW....SSautochrome = junk.

W3RD

1 - 20 of 26 Posts