Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm running a Bosch 0392022002 Electric intercooler pump. The pump comes with no documentation as it's is a OEM pump that is used supercharged ford applications.

Supposedly the pump draws ~3 amps. I have mine setup with a 12v switched 30A relay. I ran both the relay ground and the pump ground to the cylinder head grounding point on the core support near the driver headlight. Pump ground wire is 12AWG and the relay trigger ground is 18AWG which is above what the relay manufacturer called for.

The relay 12v load is run directly from the battery to the relay and from the relay to the pump using 10AWG.

My question is if the ground location I've chosen is sufficient or if you think I should run it to the negative battery cable chassis mounting point?

Thanks in advance

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
the frame would prolly be better for the ground...

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
Considering the amount of amperage draw...your probably going to be okay...but I'd still opt for a thicker metal like the battery grounding point.

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
3 amps? Do you realize that most smart phones charge above 2 amps thru micro usb ports? The 18awg switch wire can carry 10 amps safely when fully enclosed, so even direct to the battery chassis ground will be overkill. Just bolt the ring terminal to the nearest chassis bolt and you'll be fine. Make sure it has no more than a 10 amp fuse somewhere between the battery and the relay, ideally within 6 inches of the battery connection.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
3 amps? Do you realize that most smart phones charge above 2 amps thru micro usb ports? The 18awg switch wire can carry 10 amps safely when fully enclosed, so even direct to the battery chassis ground will be overkill. Just bolt the ring terminal to the nearest chassis bolt and you'll be fine. Make sure it has no more than a 10 amp fuse somewhere between the battery and the relay, ideally within 6 inches of the battery connection.
This

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Liquid to air cooler?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts