Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So John (see thread title for his username) Pre-Ordered an MFactory LSD from me with intentions to install it himself with help from his boss. That didn't work out due to his shop getting busy, so he asked me to rebuild it for him. So here it is.

As it was when I picked it up from the freight company, less the top of the crate.

Split it open in my teardown area, dirty inside and out.

Red = bad. Could not find a bad bearing with a plastic cage, then John let me know he ran ATF in it on advice from another person (years ago when he last drove on the trans).

Had to let him know some parts were bad. 2nd gear dog teeth, 2nd side of 1/2 slider, worn 3/4 hub, worn 3rd side of 3/4 slider, top CS bearing. No pics as they were blurry, you can see them in his build thread.

MFactory goods to be installed. LSD, differential bearings, 4.533 final drive.

OEM parts to be installed. 1/2 sleeve set, 3/4 hub/slider and synchros, ISB/seal, axle seals, mainshaft spring washer, IGB, CS nut, top CS bearing, shift fork retaining springs and washers.

Countershaft assembled.

Mainshaft assembled being held upside down by my magic voodoo powers.

Bling

·
Premium Member
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I :hate: dirt.

new WDR shop shirt chilling on the trans

Sometimes you just have to let go...

Tagged, loaded up, and dropped off at the freight company at 1:18am. Round the clock service.

·
Registered
97' Civic
723 Posts
looks great. there's some serious dedication there. good job.

Reactions: EKboostedY8

·
Registered
98 civic ex coupe
938 Posts
Very Nice Chris, This was a great transaction, Chris really helped me out by going out of his way to drive to a freight company for me. He gave me several options on the rebuild with very reasonable prices. I couldn't be happier with the customer service and excellent communication. I can't wait to get the car together and update this page and my build thread with the quality of work from Chris at Whoopee Doo Racing and the Guys at MFactory! Thanks Again!

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
if i ever get a serious build with a manual an mFactory LSD will reside in my trans

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,749 Posts
damnit, I've help create a monster.

·
Registered
98 civic ex coupe
938 Posts
Never updated this But I couldn't be happier with my trans. It shifts amazing. The Final drive and LSD were really worth the money. I wasnt sure about the FD at first but I am so glad I splurged. It helps driving around alot and keeps the rpm's right where I want them.

Can't wait to get to the track and really put it to the test =)

Thanks again to Chris, Whoopee Doo Racing and Mfactory.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
what kinda of hp will that tranny handle with the MFactory lsd and fd?

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Your set-up looks nasty! Gl with build! Mines not gonna be that crazy. Reason I is, Im going to be using the same parts in my tranny. Just wanderin how rugged its gonna be with the upgraded parts from MFactory and a fresh re-build. Thanks

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
you said itl take whatever he throws at it... and i just said thats not true... its not the quality of work thats going to kill it once it sees some good torque, because you have great quality, its just the cheap ass gears that break... its the product thats cheap, not the quality of the work.

·
Premium Member
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How many people are breaking stock D gears aside from the FD? I've asked it before, and can count the answers on half a hand, all of them very high power. Even then, they only break them once in a blue moon. Hence my answer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.