Honda D Series Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
'99 Civic EK1
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
If you want to check your own cv axles, have a friend with you, put the car on jackstands high enough tog et under the car, tell him/her to put it into gear (engine off of course) and hold the brakes.

Now grab teh shaft of the cv axle, and attempt to spin it both directions.

If it has a lot of play, figure out which joint it is. Now check the other side the same way.
Just wanna thank you, I made that check and only one of the axles had play. This looks to be the problem, I hope!

Sad that I couldn't took the axles of my friend today, there was a road control leaving the state and had to go back home... it's crappy, I leave less than 50 miles from my friends house and I cant go due to corona... but I can drive across the whole state driven even further away. I will update if I get axles.

·
Registered
'99 Civic EK1
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
Many months many news...
  • Now I'm owner of my own house, this stoped a lot the car hours and money.
  • Changed another gearbox and another pair of axles... car still shakes a bit (then at 70mph, now 100mph) the alignment that a shop made was shit (and now has close due to owners retiretment), went to made it again and found issues (2 bolts barely tighten and 3 cracked silentblocks).
  • I dont have many things left to check, soon I hope to solve it.
  • I bought a black interior from a EK4 VTi really cheap
  • And finally ordered the downpipe to a very good welder, soon I will install the inyectors and remap the car.
Office equipment Machine Automotive design Event Gun barrel

Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive exhaust Automotive exterior

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Gas Engineering Automotive exhaust

·
Registered
'99 Civic EK1
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Well, car is finally boosting to 8psi and runs really good.
We had a lot of issues with the wideband and boost controller feeding, but after changing to another feed, we remaped and I'm surprised how much the SOHC runs. After so many time with issues its a pleasure to have the car runing... lets hope it will for a long time

·
Registered
'99 Civic EK1
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
After arround 2k miles of driving, there was a leak on a gasket easy to hear and see (block was really dirty in a section). I removed the header and the downpipe and changed both. One wasnt bad at all, but the other was really damaged.With the new gaskets after a few days driving looks like the issue is solved.
Light Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Rim

Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Automotive fuel system Automotive design Gas

Font Art Fashion accessory Visual arts Metal

Last week car needed to much to warm up, so I changed the thermostat. After that I found that there was a little leak in the oil feed of the turbo, I removed the little filter I had "just in case" and looks that I was the guilty of that. Without the filter I tighten a bit softer and leaking solved too.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior

And after fixing little things I dressed up I bit the engine bay. I painted the charge pipe of the intake, installed steel color bolts and changed the shifter. I dont know what color use for the strut bar, I dont like it in blue. The car one day will be painted in pirate black (the one that looks purple with sun). I have a bolt kit for the valve cover, but I'm also thinking in change the color too, so I dont want to install it before.
Automotive tire Guitar accessory Font Automotive design Tire

Automotive air manifold Motor vehicle Automotive super charger part Automotive fuel system Auto part

After this month driving the car not only for joy, also as daily, I have a little oil consumption (300ml per 1500 Km, or another way to mesure it, from max to min marks of the dipstick in 1000 miles). The fuel consumption is very similar (except If I go for a fun drive, them its obviously higher). Now with the gasket leaks solved, I must take some logs to see if I can gain some hp and want to test a few changes.

·
Registered
'99 Civic EK1
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
It's been a while since last update. Car has now 6000 miles/10000 Km since turbo and runs really cool, minimal issues. Now burns really few oil and cruising car can make 8L/100km - 29mpg, not bad with 550cc inyectors.

I was lucky to find really good price (not the 300$ from ebay) a BNIB genuine EK9 Type R grill.
Rectangle Wood Beige Cable Font

I know this wont be everyones taste, but I like how yellow dresses the engine bay.
Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,777 Posts
what color is john deere over there lol?

and now I hate you, because my turbo is green lol

• Haha
Reactions: robgoof and patxi

·
Registered
'99 Civic EK1
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
41 - 54 of 54 Posts