Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i posted this question before and got zero feedback..
anyways....i gota ek hatch, i was wonduring if a sohc vtec swap would worth it at all. not really lookin for a fast car just something more fun than the dx set up..

·
Registered
901 Posts
well, it depends on how "not fast" you're going for. i mean, vtec is neat and all, but just the swap without any other performance parts isn't going to yield a whole lot of anything.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
its like a 23 crank rated hp gain from the Y7 and the Y8 i believe... iv seen a pretty fast little DX with the stock D16Y7 run hard and it was with minor parts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I did the y8 in place of my tired y7, I like the few extra ponies.
It's mostly the head (larger valves) & larger intake manifold volume. Easier to do a minime swap if U can .. it'll bump the compression & all you need to wire is vtec.

·
Registered
197 Posts
check my sig w/ my mod and i can tell you i feel a HUGE difference compared to the old y7 engine
ESPECIALLy w/ the y8 tranny.......

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
biggest gains would be from the y8 tranny..
if it were me id grab up the y8 intake mani, trnny, then get a delta 272 cam and tune her... faster than a y8 swap for cheaper w00t

·
Registered
97 civic hatch
53 Posts
I want to do the tranny on my EK hatch so far i have done the I/H/E put on the Y8 intake manifold did a little port job and right around 4000 the RPM's jump to redline in no time. a lot of top end power. waiting on some RC injectors and the turbo goes on hoping by end of feb.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts