Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo wass up I am new the Honda scene and just want to share my build with everyone so I can get help or help people. I bought a 1996 Honda civic in April and recently started to fix it up, I got tired of the low power it made on the stock d16y7. I am going to build a turbo kit because I dont feel like swapping engines. I am only going to be boosting 6psi because I love the gas milage my single slammer makes. Anyways here some pics

Heres the car wene I first bought it, I was originally looking for a EG but the only reason I got it was because it had a clean body and was clean title

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is my plan :]

Heres the manifol, I know its a cheap one but its only temperarly

wastegate

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

bov

T3 turbo from a audi

FMU

Intercooler

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
nice so far put it together :D

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Nice build man, car looks clean. But i would ditch that fmu unless your just going to use it to get to a tuner after boosted.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
time to invest in a better camera eh? looks like the oldschool polaroids that pooped pictures out right after you take them lol good start but you know damn well you will be rebuying these parts fairly soon right?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha sorry there cell phone pics and the only part that will need replacement soon is the manifold but like I said its only temperarly because I am going to rebuild the whole engine and get a new setup in winter, I just want to boost for now to have fun and learn as I go

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Well GL with the build man, the mani should be ok for the time being, like you said haha. Now commense building! haha...pics of progress ftw.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Welcome to the honda world; it is very profitable to make low quality parts for unsuspecting "honda-tuners." With that understood, ditch the manifold and the FMU, it will save you a lot of headaches and congrats to you for finding a nice car to build.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Becuase its junk, thats why the ONLY reason to use it, is to get yourself to a tuner. All it does is raise fuel pressure the more boost it see's via vacuum hose. Its just a shafty product and is a terrible replacement for a good tune. Just remember the tune is where its at. haha

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
i agree...ditch the FMU get a obd1 ecu and jumper harnas and run crome.
CROME or ECTUNE FTW!!!! my cars been tuned at 10psi for the last 3 1/2 years with no problems knock on wood...its all in the tune

1 - 20 of 22 Posts