Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
ej1
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 93 ej1 and was just wondering if ek side skirts bolt up. do i need special kinda of ones like a hatch or coupe?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
steve98ex said:
6gen sides will work but you'll have to cut about 2 inches off of the fronts :)
isnt that just for hatchbacks?
i always thought that they were direct bolt on.. minus a few holes to get everything lined up properly.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
steve98ex said:
now that i think about it more the examples i know of are all hatchbacks, 5th gen coupes have different sideskirts than the coupes?
im sayin that the eg side skirts are shorter so the ek ones have to be cut and modified a bit, while the eg coupe and 4 door side skirts are just as long as the ek ones so it is a direct bolt on minus drilling a few holes.

not sure tho..

·
Registered
ej1
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i kniow some one who has ek sides off of a coupe. messured trhem and then messured mine and the ek's are about 1/2 an inch to long......so guess i would have to cut them then. unless hatch bakc ek's are the same lenght....jsut figured they might be casue they seem a littlw shorter since they are off a hatch

·
Registered
821 Posts

·
Registered
ej1
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya figured i would have to cut them either way.....just wondering if i did'nt have to though and could buy certain ones

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
hatch sides are shorter. you only have to trim like 1/2 of an inch off for the coupe. search for my thread 97 sideskirts on my 93 hatch, I kind of posted a how to on it.

·
Registered
ej1
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all your input guys. now i just gotta track down some ek sides and do a diy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts