Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright guys I had seen pages on the net about people hacking and cutting these things and I just wanted to share what I did. Note: The engine is out and I am planning a engine tuck. You can modify the procedure to your needs.

Needed:

Disassembled car
Zip ties
Razor knife for cutting tape

A way to make a hole in the inner fender. I used channel locks and a grinding stone to debur.

I have 0 wires cut so far.

I just took everything out, and put it back in, tucked.

So as you can see, disconnect all the harnesses from each other. Take the headlight harness and set it on the ground, take the cabin harness and stuff it inside.

You can leave the fuse box plugs outside or inside if you want to tuck that too. (You will have to extend a FEW wires to get the fuse box fully functional)

Basically set the harness by the hood latch and run the pass. side through the hole by the headlight Then do the same for the drivers side.

After you cut a hole in the front of the fenders slip the drivers side all the way through to the door. Pull the connectors through the hole, split the drivers side cabin harness so you can extend the engine harness plug for tucking.

Connect all the drivers side plugs and stuff in the fender. I also tucked the hood cable.

Now slide the harness through the fender so you have slack on the passenger side. There is a hole I enlarged where it can make it to. Now pull the passenger door grommet off and slide the connector through the fender to the hole. Connect the plugs.

Now its just clean up, cut some small triangles in the door plugs so the wires fit. Cut small bits out at a time!! You can cut more later. You can also put in some silicone for weather seal. If you want.

This is easier because I have my dash off, but not impossible with it on. Just more confusing.

Now my Fuse box wires are in the proper position for a Glovebox tuck, and the engine harness can come in under the heater core with my Ecu in the center console with the cord coming out for my computer!

Utilize the harness and you will have less electrical issues to deal with.

Im not using my Rad fan and AC so i tucked them up. I ran the wires on the front side of the hood latch and the harness on the back side of the lights. This lets me tinker with it without pulling the lights out. You Could run the wires under the headlights for more tucking action.

I also moved the passenger side ground to the outside with a 10mm just barely fits.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Looks good man. I can make you a new tucked engine harness if your interested.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man.

It was so much easier than people made it sound.

I'm gonna have a go at it myself. If I fail, Ill send you a PM.

:D

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Thanks man.

It was so much easier than people made it sound.

I'm gonna have a go at it myself. If I fail, Ill send you a PM.

:D
yea its not that bad to do the headlights,just takes a lot of time.....no problem...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts