Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a company that makes a stock looking catback with performance in mind. as some know im no longer a teen and like my car to sound sporty but nothing no where near loud/fart can. I like the greddy systems but im not wanting to spend that kinda money on it, and it really dont look stock. At one time years ago I remember there was a company that had a direct replacement but the pipe size was 2.25 going into a stock looking muffler.but they are prolly long gone by now even if I could think of the name.lol

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,102 Posts
get an ebay exhaust and throw the stock muffler back on it.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
You can also choose to find a muffler from a higher performance vehicle.

example, it used to be sort of common for people to grab the mufflers off a RSX Type S and weld it to their factory civics.

The muffler itself doesnt really rob much horsepower. it is generally the piping.

on ebay, there are several sellers that have piping kits with hangers, clamps, and gaskets, in various sizes.

If stock and no plans for turbo or supercharging (or big motor swaps) 2" piping is more than acceptable. 2.25 if you want a little more variety/choice when it comes to aftermarket mufflers

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have plans to supercharge but thats waaaayyy down the road, and back in the day (1995) when I seen my first modded civic the guy had a stock rx7 muffler on his and it sounded great.If I could find a stock ek9 exhaust id prolly do that if its under 300. but your right I will explore performance mufflers from other cars. thanks for the reply

1 - 5 of 5 Posts