Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
civic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi guys just wanted to know if somebody has a shopping list for OEM (DIY) big brake kit upgrade.

what im looking to do is convert my stock ex front brakes to 11.8" RSX-S front rottors and either front calipers from NSX -97 or Acura Legend 94-95 GS (4 door) with out having to grind brackets etc just a direct bolt on. i found a post in which guy wass using 4mm wheel spacer behind a rotor instead of grinding a braket but that was a month ago and i didnt save link

i found ths chart but i dont know how accurate it is

if you cant see pics it should be on my profile

now the chart says that all you need for complete conversion is nsx calipers rsx rotors rl braket is that correct?
any way of completing swap without grinding?

this link is tech article in honda tuning but its for vtec prelude 11" rotor with legend calipers i dont know what modification required for 11.8" rsx-s rotors http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/...nd_integra_hybrid_brakes/caliper_removal.html

any person who has first hand experience with this conversion please help

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
search big brake oem civic on google

I wish I had it saved, but it lists all sizes and the amount of work and parts required

example, you can use prelude vtec rotors drilled for 4x100, and use GS legend sedan calipers

I forget which brackets, but that gives you 11.1 fronts

·
Registered
civic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did i found bunch of threads but i just got confused even more. and those rsx rotors also have to be redrilled
and i have picture of the chart on my profile just wanted to make sure how accurate it is

and also i found page which showed step by step in which you dont need to grind brake brackets just have to use a 4mm wheel spacer

·
Registered
86 MR2
1,402 Posts

·
Registered
civic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
from How to put X brakes on your 96-00 EK civic (revised) upgrade chart - Honda-Tech
" to >91-96 NSX (2pot)
Take the EX/Si knuckle with bearing and press the 97-01 Integra Type-R hubs into the bearings and bolt on the knuckles. Take the 28T caliper mounting brackets and place a 1.5mm washer between the knuckle and bracket, and use the 99-00 RL caliper mounting bracket bolts, as they are longer. Take the 91-96 NSX calipers, 99-00 RL rotors, and 99-00 RL pads and swap them onto the Civic DX. This does use the 5-lug ITR hub, so you will need new wheels. "
-what i wanna do is keep stock hubs just redrill the rsx-s rotors. and will nsx calipers clear the rsx-s 11.8 rotors?

P.S. and that link "How to put X brakes on your 96-00 EK civic (revised) upgrade chart - Honda-Tech" is such an information overload lol

·
Registered
ej6
587 Posts
from How to put X brakes on your 96-00 EK civic (revised) upgrade chart - Honda-Tech
" to >91-96 NSX (2pot)
Take the EX/Si knuckle with bearing and press the 97-01 Integra Type-R hubs into the bearings and bolt on the knuckles. Take the 28T caliper mounting brackets and place a 1.5mm washer between the knuckle and bracket, and use the 99-00 RL caliper mounting bracket bolts, as they are longer. Take the 91-96 NSX calipers, 99-00 RL rotors, and 99-00 RL pads and swap them onto the Civic DX. This does use the 5-lug ITR hub, so you will need new wheels. "
-what i wanna do is keep stock hubs just redrill the rsx-s rotors. and will nsx calipers clear the rsx-s 11.8 rotors?

P.S. and that link "How to put X brakes on your 96-00 EK civic (revised) upgrade chart - Honda-Tech" is such an information overload lol
information overload is a GOOD thing! as long as your brain does not pop or the info is wrong.
may i ask why you want to put 11.8in rotors anyways?
am going todo the integra brake swap inself and i feel that the integra brakes will do more then what i need or ever want.

·
Registered
civic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
because big is more lol

1 it s gonna cost same for a 11.1" Prelude vtec rotor swap as it would for RSX-S 11.8" so might as well go big.
2 peace of mind just wanna know that if i hit brakes (as long as tires hold) ill stop on a dime

and stock ex brakes same size (10.3) as integra exept for itr (11.1)
does present a problem of having to upgrade to 16" wheels

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Got wheels that will fit them bigger rotors?

·
Registered
civic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got wheels that will fit them bigger rotors?
Nope :)
still running 14" stealies
i tend to just stock pile parts till i got everything i need and then install it all at once. like now i got kyb agx coilovers sportline springs and rear integra breakes. now i need to front brake conversion, front and rear camber kit, rear LCAs, lower rear tie bar and sway bar. and obviously the wheels. this saves time and makes all small changes more dramatic :)

·
Registered
801 Posts
because big is more lol

1 it s gonna cost same for a 11.1" Prelude vtec rotor swap as it would for RSX-S 11.8" so might as well go big.
2 peace of mind just wanna know that if i hit brakes (as long as tires hold) ill stop on a dime

and stock ex brakes same size (10.3) as integra exept for itr (11.1)
does present a problem of having to upgrade to 16" wheels
the only logic issue i see here is that, big is more..but not always most efficient.

too big and you are going to lock and not stop on a dime anyway, big everything with cheap pads/rotors/tires are going to stop about as well as an integ setup.

how much power are you pushing? if you have some kind of beast under the hood maybe bigger will work. but i think you might be thinking too big without needing it.

just something to think about from someone who just did teg brakes all around on a hatch and put SIRII brakes on a sedan...more than i will ever need for both cars...well ok maybe not the sedan but i'm building it for comfort not power at the moment.

·
Registered
civic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
HP? i dont know. still tunning, havent even hit the track yet

and its also not just about stopping power but also how fast the brakes can dissipate heat

·
Registered
My car
10 Posts
Fastbrakes has a kit for larger brakes. As light as our cars are I think there will be problems keeping the wheels from locking up especially if this is a DD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts