Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What suspension set up are you guys running for autocrossing your coupes (specifically EJ8's)? I want good details such as springs, shocks, sway bars, etc.

·
Registered
263 Posts
hm... well i dont know if this will help your question since i have an eg hatch, but i got tanabe pro-soc II coilovers, es hyperflex bushing kit, and soon to have st sway bars this next season with all my upper and lower tower bars. im also going ot get some new tie rod and tie rod ends.

·
Registered
229 Posts
i use koni's and ground control's.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It depends on a couple of things...first $$$ how much do you want to spend?

Next...is your car going to be a daily driver or a dedicated autocross car? Are you willing to put up with the stiff spring rates that a good race suspension requires? Or is autocross going to be a habit that may get serious later.

My advice is this: Get your car mechanically sound first...good tune up, new rotors pads, etc....then just drive the car.

The best money spent on suspension is seat time for the driver. Learn to maximize your driving ability, then look to upgrade the car as your ability improves.

Having said all that, I use Tokico Illumina's with Eibach Sportline springs. Additionally I use a ITR 23mm rear sway bar and ASR rear subframe brace to control body roll. Is it the best set up?

No obviously not, but I drive my car everyday to/from work and I am unwilling to rattle the fillings out of my mouth with some really stiff spring/shock combo.

·
Registered
67 Posts
the front end of my car is f'd up, so it wont take an alignment, only a close eyeball job, anyway, running a decent tire size(my case 215/45/17) is the base for any suspension. figure out what you want out of your car. if you wont to run autocross tires all the time, think about wear and replacement. i run plain junk tires and do fine. my suspension is very mild. apex'i world sport coilovers. very streetable. no annoying jarring or bouncing. i like them. my car as slow as it is will keep up with most any car in very curvy roads. so just get to know your car, and respect the road.

·
Registered
999 Posts
well im with solo x here... if you want good base to start off from it should be koni yellows and ground controls.. as you can always upgrade ( change out springs, and koni's are servicable)
a decent sway bar setup
good wheel and tire combo.. on my car i run 205/50 on 15s

and seat time.... out of all the mods you can have seat time is the most important

1 - 7 of 7 Posts