Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i just finish with my swapon my Ej6 and i just cant get the car to start... i am using the p2e ecu and harnest. I also put on a y8 automatic intake manifold but i also have a manual and the reason that i didnt put it on was cause D16y7 IACV plug is different...could it be cause my IACV that my car wont turn on...Need HELP!!!!

·
Registered
bicycle
1,376 Posts
was your car a y7 before?

if so u can use the manual manifold just swap your y7 tb on it with the built in iacv and plug that up instad of the y8 iacv

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah my car was a y7 before... there is sparck and eveything and all the timming was put on...

·
Registered
bicycle
1,376 Posts
check the ECU ground that grouned out on the thermostat housing.. then check all major grounds..

if thats not it..

listen for the injectors clicking(pulsing) then come back and we can go from there

no cel lights right?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the ECU is grounded

i cant really listen to the injectors clicking but the sparck plugs are wet and for some reason the sparck plug on piston ONE come out black...

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
sounds to me like the rings in piston one are SHOT!!!!! get a compression tester and see how much ur getting; remember that if there is a big difference in the compression, compared to the other pistons, the car will not start, i had this same problem like to weeks ago, but go check the compression first and if its good then dont lisen to anything i just said.......

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
check your fuses.... does it try to start or does it just keep turning as if its geting no spark and no fuel...??? did you change dizzys??? i had this problem before and it was a fuse.. one fuse can cause a handful of issues so i think its a fuse....

also if he has bad comp. the car would still start... hell i just had my engine builder build my z6 and it blew so much oil and soo much blowby!!! still started right up! have ot get oversized pistons and soon itl be done

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
:TD:hate when someone starts a thread needing help and your sitting here trying to help them and they dont give you any updates whether or not if they got it running....

stupid and wrong

1 - 11 of 11 Posts