Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows it going i have a d15b with 450cc blue tops gt25 .48 trim garret turbo and I've been having cooling problem.. the turbo is water and oil cooled i currently have the water lines hooked up with one in the back of the iacv and the other on the nipple at the water pipe on back of block, at idle i stay at normal running temp then after i go boost around it get extremely warm about 195 -215 i have no coolant leaks in pretty sure the head gasket is fine because theres not smoke or any symptoms. someone help me out

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is your intercooler completely blocking the radiator? You might have to make ducts that direct the air out of the intercooler into the radiator. Air is always gonna take its easiest path. It loses alot of velocity when passing through the intercooler. I had this problem with my car a few years ago. You need to make "air dams" so that the air passing through your intercooler has no other way out besides passing through the radiator. Or go to a smaller/ half size intercooler.

·
Registered
339 Posts
210 degrees is normal operating temp for a motor. If its going over that after boosting maybe your hg is leaking and pushing air into your cooling system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts