Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought one of these used last week for $40 and couldn't pass it up. 17mm sway bar and all the hardware, except pass. side endlink cuz the previous owner stuck the bar on a rusty as hell Si (EX coupe for Canada) ripped the subframe out and ripped one the endlink out. So his loss, my gain.

Finally got around to installing it on my lunch break at work, drove it home a few minutes ago and i am very pleased with it. i wasn't sure how much of a difference it would make over the stock 94 Integra bar i had on previous. But it tightened the rear end up a good bit, making cornering that much more fun and solid. To complete the whole package, i'm gonna get the Eibach front bar to go with it. hopefully it should tighten the ride up nicely.

Don't have any pics of install, cuz i was in a rush at work but it is rather easy if you have the tools, sway bar, hardware, brackets, bushings and endlinks. Overall the car handles great for a sedan, much tighter and more confidence inspiring. I just wish i had this bar when i was auto-x racing, it could've shaved a little time off my laps.

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Based on the condition of my subframe, diameter of the bar, usage of big washers, driving conditions (not that bad and i don't drive as much or race), access to a full garage and last but most importantly, money. i felt that an ASR brace wasn't necessary, i would love to have one for piece of mind, but i made sure i used good hardware and proper torque on all bolts to prevent any kind of bad accident (hopefully).

I've read about a few people using smaller than 18mm bars on un-braced rear subrframes with no problem. so i hope i will be one of those people. I will contnue to monitor the whole system anyway, because i am paranoid as hell and have access to a lift.

Thanks for the suggestions though :TU: much appreciated.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Running on Eibach sways for almost two years now - no issues. 17mm is just fine for a DD, and doesn't require subframe reinforcement *knock on wood*

·
Registered
809 Posts
nice..i need to get a subframe brace...and maybe lca's..got a gsr rear sway bar ive been meaning to throw on, i dunno even know the mm of it...maybe 20 or 22mm?...i would def wanna do a brace for peace of mind though

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
i was just wondering the farther apart the mounts are the less bodyroll? i was thinkin bout that the other day and was wondering if my estimation was correct. i bet it mad a big difference.

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for coming out Bone :TU: I read an old thread on sway bars and remembered you saying you had your Eibach F/R Sways for quite a long time with no issues, which was a deciding factor on running braceless.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
nice..i need to get a subframe brace...and maybe lca's..got a gsr rear sway bar ive been meaning to throw on, i dunno even know the mm of it...maybe 20 or 22mm?...i would def wanna do a brace for peace of mind though
14mm iirc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts