Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the pro-kit and am not happy. First the springs dropped the car like 3 inches which is twice the advertised amount. I am having wheel fender clearance issues on hard turns. Its quite annoying. Also it seems like the car keeps getting lower, and I have only had them for 2 months or so. Also keep in mind that eibach says the springs wont settle. When I have 4 people riding with me it practally bottoms out on everything. This is with 205/45/16 wheels! I called Eibach and they said they might be defective, ya no shit! Of course they wont reimburse me for the labor those prick bastards. I am thinking of just swapping back the stock springs and returning the eibachs'. I upgraded my suspention so I could drive hard, not worry about every little pothole, bump and turn. RPM NYC did the instillation and they said the pro kit lowers the least out of all the other springs out there, in my case it seems to be total BS.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,432 Posts
sure you got the right springs?????

sure the shop installed TRUE Eibachs and not some cheapos????

The Eibach pros I have on my car, I'm the third owner and the springs have seen 175,000+ miles, never changed.

·
D-series wise guy
2,858 Posts
you sure that they were not put on backwards. The fronts and rears look very similar.

Anyways, I posted a comparison of the H&R sports & Eibach pro-kits in the suspension forum. I wasn't completely satisfied with the pro-kits, but I didn't hardly have the issues that you describe. IMO, they had the perfect drop, but just didn't handle the way that I wanted.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya, I took them out of the box myself. They're the real deal. The sportlines are red. I read your thread, but after I got the springs. Good tread BTW. I think I need coilovers, but I just got brand new shocks, so I gotta sell them or just wait for them to go. I got the work done at RPM NYC (found them on hondata's website). They know what they are doing, and only work on Hondas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts